Advice on smart meter/monitor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ianb

Reaction score
Hi

I have an outside office used solely for business, I am looking to get a smart meter/monitor to monitor all the electricity used in that office.
I need this to be accurate and be able to deal with variable tariff plus record on an app the daily, weekly, monthly usage.
I have looked around that there so much out there and all the info is just way over my head. These looks like it may be good “Emlite WiFi Smart Meter or Shelly EM + 50A Clamp”. It will be installed by a qualified electrician.

Can anyone recommend a good option for me?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 1728305301850.jpeg
    1728305301850.jpeg
    2.8 MB
Recommended by who?

Can you post a photo of the “supply end” to the fuseboard you have posted above ?
just on goggle searching in reviews. I am not an electrician so not sure what question I should be asking. As for the supply end it comes off the kitchen plug ring. All put in by an electrician.

just on goggle searching in reviews. I am not an electrician so not sure what question I should be asking. As for the supply end it comes off the kitchen plug ring. All put in by an electrician.

Just ignore Google reviews - too many are fabricated

And if that 2nd fuseboard IS connected to the kitchen ring then it’s a stupid install

Just ignore Google reviews - too many are fabricated

And if that 2nd fuseboard IS connected to the kitchen ring then it’s a stupid install
yep agreed
yep it's definitely a stupid idea to run a fuseboard from a ring lol
that said their stuff is definitely good quality so the reviews are true tbh
I have a few things from them around I use sometimes