advice please. re halogen kitchen lights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dean2050

Reaction score
hi, i have halogen underlighters in a 6 month old fitted kitchen.there are about 8 in total but with half you have to flick the glass on the bulbs to make them work and then they only come on for about 30 seconds.i have checked the transformers on top and everything is secure.these lights have 2 little grey wires that go into the bottom of the light fitting.any advice please could you email me. [email protected] many thanks

Do they light every time you flick them ? Its a trick that a few sparkys i know use. Flicking the lamp makes the blown element jump and relight as it settles in a new place after making the circuit. This doesnt last long as the element is shorter now so it burns out quick. They do this and say they have changed the lamps.

Do they light every time you flick them ? Its a trick that a few sparkys i know use. Flicking the lamp makes the blown element jump and relight as it settles in a new place after making the circuit. This doesnt last long as the element is shorter now so it burns out quick. They do this and say they have changed the lamps.
I've done that a few times in pub toilets when the lamps are out! :^O

I have also found that on the cheap 12V downlighters the base where the pins insert into are a bit 'crap' (the technical term) and the 'springiness' of the contacts doesn't last long!

I have also found that on the cheap 12V downlighters the base where the pins insert into are a bit 'crap' (the technical term) and the 'springiness' of the contacts doesn't last long![/QUOTE]I would concur with Mr Sworld's point there! :) ;)

Often kitchen lights are left on or a long time.. and the push connector get very warm..

Loosening the effectiveness of the springy concacts.

;) :)

They find it very satisfactory and it does 'turn them on'! ;)
oh er misses!...

I am worried about the direction this thread is going! :eek:

flicking...

ladies...

turning on....

:|

This may need moderating if the innuendo's continue..... ; \ ;) :D

:^O :^O:^O:^O