AIRPORT QUESTION GOT ME BAFFLED :s!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave A

Reaction score
three factors to be considered prior to rectifying the fault on a display board in a busy airport. include practicalities?

all i can think of is the convienience side of it and the safety of yourself and people around you??

some opinions would be nice...

three factors to be considered prior to rectifying the fault on a display board in a busy airport. include practicalities?all i can think of is the convienience side of it and the safety of yourself and people around you??

I think the safety aspect of the public is a key one as display boards are probably in a busy customer areas, trips falls etc, bollards around your work area to keep the public away maybe?. I guess we could assume it may be high up to maximize visibility to the users of the airport, so you will probably have working at height considerations. You would need access to accurate drawings charts or wiring schedules to clearly identify how you are going to safely isolate your faulty board without disconnecting every other adjacent board. Also keeping your board locked off so some other maintenance personnel cannot accidentally re-energies where you are working before you have finished.

Doc H.

Manual handling and scaffold safety!

Access restrictions.

three factors to be considered prior to rectifying the fault on a display board in a busy airport. include practicalities?all i can think of is the convienience side of it and the safety of yourself and people around you??

as its in an airport they will have strict procedures in place so,rams,rams,rams..work probably best done at quiet periods to minimise disruption to the airport,also there is a thing called air side and ground side clearance so dont forget your passport if you need to go air side even if your not getting on a plane..loads of hoops to jump through before you even get to safe isolation etc..

Also Insurance cover................my insurance does not cover me for Airside [not that I have ever worked in an airport].......... :coat
I wonder why that is? The company I to work for used to do a fair bit of work at manchester airport. Very funny how you would get frisked every time you went through a gate due to steel toe caps, but the tool box full of knives and saws going through the xray was ok.