All red lights on panel of dimplex duo 400i storage heater after trying adjust the heating temp

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yorksman

Reaction score
i am a newby to the forum so be patient,

the other day i tried to adjust the heat out put of my dimplex duo 400i storage heater and now all the neon light have come on, the only one that is dimmer than the rest is the one it was originaly set at, 4 up, i have switched it of at the socket to try and reset it then all the neon lights come on, when pressing the - button they light bright and go back to dull, can anybody help,

thanks alan

I am not familiar with this type of heater but,could the neons not just be indicating the heat setting and is normal ?

Sounds like you've possibly activated the child lock, try pressing + and - together for 3 seconds....

thanks for the reply's, the child lock is off,

the other heater during the day shows one bar/neon light at the temp it is set at, this one did but all the neons are on as stated in my first post, when i press the + button they all flash bright and click and wont alter the temp output,

Manator, when it is running normal it shows only one neon at the set output temp not the full set of neons,

is there a reset switch as turning the main power of and back on does not seem to reset it,

thanks, alan

Hi All,

I never seen a resolution to this topic and was checking in to see if one was found? I have a similar problem with my Dimplex Duoheat 300i storage heater, when I turn on the power the LED's come on and then the third led goes faint with all others still lit. When I try to press + or - the panel just clicks and doesn't change. The heating comes on but I cant change the temp setting. If I hold down the - button the panel resets but returns to the same status, if I hold down the + and - at the same time for approx. 10-15sec's the panel freezes and does not respond to anything afterwards. I end up having to switch off at the power switch. Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Darren.

Hi there, thanks for getting back, yes I have this manual, the problem is when the unit turns on and I try press the + or - buttons nothing happens apart from a clicking noise from the panel, so it wont let me set the temp like it show's in the instructions, my other storage heater is fine, its just this one is acting up. I tried contacting Dimplex but as Im in Ireland they passed me onto a reseller who don't do support over the phone and want to send someone out for €75 and then they will add the cost of parts on top if anything that needs to be replaced....so I was hoping someone on here that came across this problem would be able to recommend what was done to fix it, cheers, Darren.