am2 fault finding

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbieboy

Reaction score
had my fault finding today on my am2 and i got these faults just wondering what you guys think the faults are cheers people.

1. miniature circuit breaker trips when central heating or hot water circuits are energized?

2. miniature circuit breaker trips when solar programmer r2 is energized?

3. switch arrangements will not operate in correct sequence for the intermediate?

4. customer reports that the data outlet does not appear to be working?

5. carbon monoxise dectector will not operate when test button is pressed?

6. single phase socket outlet trips breaker?

7. customer gets a tingle when touching the gas supply and the mains board together at same time?

did mine not so long since, for the "tripping faults" you know its either a s/c or overload. non of the fault are overloads, u get a multimeter so just test for continuity as you dont get a megger. the data ones easy because all you do is use basically a "continuity tester" with an rj45 plug on either side, you plug it in and the lights should all light in the right order, otherwise there's either a crossed pair or missing pair. and the bonding faults are always open circuit for either gas or water.

id brush up a bit though you have to be able to explain why too, eg, the customer got a belt off the gas because there was no bonding under fault conditions, creating a potential difference.

i had a fault on an s-plan heating system where the stat turned on the hw valve too, so you know the stats switching the wrong switch wire in the wiring center.

but dont worry about it, you get plenty of time and most of the faults are obvious without even getting a tester out.

hope this helps mate, good luck.