AM2 lighting

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old one.

The new one is just one light, 2 two way switches and an intermediate switch, wired in twin and earth.

cheers mate, so...

c.c.u ------> L,N,E, (pvc/pvc - twin & earth) to light

light ------> L, SL, E (pvc/pvc - twin & earth) to 1g 2 way

1g 2 way ------> L1,L2, C (through crimp com) to INTERMEDIATE switch (pvc/pvc 3 core and earth)

Intermediate switch ------> L1,L2, C (through crimp com) to 1g 2way. ???

wheres your earth go? connector block?

whats "wago" mate? "your" ??

also, do you earths just go in connectors in each switch box.

Thanks.

so from your db you run a TWIN AND EARTH to your first switch....

brown in l1, connector block neutral and earth

you then run a TWIN AND EARTH from light to your first switch

brown in l2, connector block neutral and earth (from the db twin and earth)

then you run a 3 CORE AND EARTH PVC/PVC from first swtich to second switch black in common (first swtich), brown in l1, grey in l2 (second int swtich) cut the black in int switch and connector block aswell as earth/

you then run a 3 CORE AND EARTH PVC/PVC from int switch to 3rd switch.

black in connector block, brown in l1, grey in l2 (int switch)

3rd switch, black in common, brown in l1, grey l2, earth in connector block.

i no thats a moutfull mate but is that right?

for the purpose of the am2 test is everything not done in singles.... it was when i did it.

And you shouldn't be taking a neutral into a switch box unless it's needed there. And in most cases it most definitly ISN'T!!!

Looping neutrals in the switch box should only be considered in circumstances where there is little choice. Not as your standard wiring practice.

Looping neutrals in the switch box should only be considered in circumstances where there is little choice. Not as your standard wiring practice.
I am afraid I cannot agree with what you are saying what so ever I wire this way more often than not as to me its a better way of wiring. People can easily change there light fittings without needing an electrician and if you use wagos in the switch boxes you will have less wiring faults. This is my opinion as an electrical contractor and unless you can show me a regulation to say I cannot do it this way I think you should keep your silly thoughts to yourself.

you can't go telling young lads, or indeed anyone that they shouldn't be doing certain things when theres nothing wrong with it.

I know some sites/specs say no neutrals in switches, but some sites I've been on say, all circuits to be wired in phase colours, it doesn't make them right.