AM2 test

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks alot sparky999 and andyc for your replys, there was one other thing aswell how do you test the motor ciruit never done any work at all with motors

all of the tests are stated step by step in the OSG... make use if it as it is there to help all electricians.. :)

trimblejay, it might be worth getting a copy of GN3, also might be worth telling people where your are in the country, they might be willing to spare you an hour or so....

i did mine a couple of years ago and all i can suggest is dont let it get to you. you wouldnt have got as far as the AM2 if you couldnt do it!

Pretty simple mate just disconnect your wires from the motor as if u do an IR test on it u may frazzle the windings! Test between all ur wires tht go down to the motor.

hi

i have been doing "pre AM2 training" for the last few months.

can i help?

one comment i will make is that the IR test is tricky. for the motor they demand the disconnection of the motor and then re-connection. i find it a bit daft, i would personally just test to earth and abandon the live/live readings...

my main tasks are teaching the candidates to bend the conduit quick and in one piece to buy them some time.......as well as the pyro etc..

best wishes

alan