Annual Elecsa assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megaohm7

Reaction score
Had My Annual Asessment today with Elecsa and it was with Mr Michael Maye. I found him to be a really friendly bloke and put me at ease almost straight away. We had a good chat in between presenting all the required paperwork then on to the job that I had lined up. All went very well and without any non compliances. So good to go for another year. ;)

Not sure if I will be Abel to carry on with the ELECSA scheme as I cannot afford the fees, only did about 15 jobs last year that needed part P.

Just don't seem worth carrying on with the whole thing anymore.

Never heard of them.... Trouble is if we ant heard of them then what chance has a potential customer got of hearin of them over Nics napits and the like...

Yeah suppose you have a point... It's like flogging a dead horse sometimes... If they don't care less then there's no point trying.... However , I have to say I kinda sell the idea to people about part p and trustworthy, honest registered electrical contractors like myself and I would say 75% of the time I get the green light... Even if dearer than others on quite a few occasions... Big and little jobs... I also have an approach of this is the price as it should be that my estimate comes to but I guarantee you'll get it done for half my quote... I stick by my guns and usually a bit of part p, registered body memberships and it's good to go... The amount of time people give us the go ahead and when I ask why us its usually answered with, no one else bothered to show us their memberships and proof of been an electrician or explain part p and certs to them....

found them by accident Deke, the way I see it most people have NO idea about part P compliance so I may as well just go with the cheapest out there,

none of my customers are bothered in the slightest, some of them are almost shocked, never mind surprised, when I give them certs.

I asked a customer if they wanted a cert and they asked where it was racing!!!!! :C

Not sure if I will be Abel to carry on with the ELECSA scheme as I cannot afford the fees, only did about 15 jobs last year that needed part P.Just don't seem worth carrying on with the whole thing anymore.
I only had 8 notifiable jobs in a year so I was thinking it myself. I hope this year will be a bit better. I've been mainly doing commercial work to help pay the bills.

Well I've had to keep my day job on the highways going plus going back on callout for them two for extra money, not the way I wanted things but it's dead round here don't know how some of the big local firms like KDE are managing if I can't get any work.

Well we decided to stick with elecsa, just paid the fee's and got our assessment on the 13th June with Jon Rothwell

try these guys street, Ive just received all their bumf and its half the price of the others...a couple of CU changes and its paid for itself.
I started a thread a short while ago on STROMA.......someone pointed out that I think in the event of an issue with your work then in their T&C's it says about them charging (you, the member) more to investigate - don't know if the other schemes say this?.

John rothwell .... The Rottweiler FFS good luck :)
really? the person who i spoke to on the phone when the assessment was booked said that he was a good assessor, laid back and easy going? now u got me worried!

really? the person who i spoke to on the phone when the assessment was booked said that he was a good assessor, laid back and easy going? now u got me worried!
It was a joke matey lol dont worry :)

Yeah get some decent biscuits and keep the tea flowing most importantly. Just make sure you have everything on their checklist as in books etc and all your certificates. Why tt sucks username lol? Steptoe loves tt :)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:09 ----------

Welcome to the forum by the way and maybe you should start a new thread but do a search first as there are plenty of posts asking about first assessments etc. good luck tho mate :)

Perhaps he fell of his bike. Welcome to the forum, main advice would be ensure you have all the paperwork and books you need and don't show him a dodgy job.

Latest posts