another 2392 question.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madeinengland

Reaction score
hi guys just a quick question involving testing. on the tests you do live, there are 2 that i'm confused with. the PEFC and the PSSC. one of these tests you have to do with the main bonding disconnected to prevent parralel paths and all that jazz.

thing is i'm sure the tutor told me on monday that it was the PEFC that you do this.but going through a mock exam paper i've recently found it says the answer is the PSSC test.

which is it?

hi guys just a quick question involving testing. on the tests you do live, there are 2 that i'm confused with. the PEFC and the PSSC. one of these tests you have to do with the main bonding disconnected to prevent parralel paths and all that jazz.thing is i'm sure the tutor told me on monday that it was the PEFC that you do this.but going through a mock exam paper i've recently found it says the answer is the PSSC test.

which is it?
Main bonding should only be removed for Ze tests not PEFC. PEFC should be performed with all bonding in place. The PSCC doesn't even use the Earth for that test (its line to neutral).

i'm even more confused now then. here's the mock question and answer i was talking about above

(42) Prospective Short Circuit Current is Measured at the Supply with the Main Earthing Conductor :

(a) Connected to the Main Earth Terminal :

(B) Connected to the Neutral Supply :

© Disconnected from the Main Earth Terminal : *****

(d) Connected to the Line Supply :

i assume the five stars next to answer c mean that's the right one?

am i getting confused with bonding and earthing

I would say A is the correct answer there as all bonding should be in place.