Another blinking Shower!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_k

Reaction score
Why is everyone wanting electric showers putting in???!!!

Anyway.

Situation-

Old guy about 80 wants a shower as hes having problem getting out of bath. Like all pensioners hes skint so its one of those jobs!!

Current setup is nice new head 100a going to 25mm tails to meter, 16mm from meter to henley block to 16mm tails to wylex rewirable. No main earth. no gas bonding, 10mm to water.

Gonna try and get isolator put in and upgrade tails.

Central networks want

Can i just bang a rod in and connect up to a new met and link in to the wylex without having to alter it?

For shower was going to split tails to seperate shower unit - link into met. Obviously upgrade bonding

Cheers
yes, but everything should be RCD'd

I think you will have to change the board if you are going to TT . RCD required.
Yeah thats what i thought. But i dont think the client can stand to that.

Surley banging a rod in is leaving the installation safer than when i found it. Currently relying on water for earth.

Spent 1 hour on the phone trying to sort an isolator + new tails =

i never bother getting them to fit an isolator... too much hassle. easier to DIY. but still a good result with when there coming!

sticking in a rod will be safer, but still not safe enough to be left with no RCD.

see this thread for what can happen without an RCD

RCD on tails is not ideal, but the cheapest solution

just give him a price and do it to regs,

the only time people dont have any money is when a job needs doing .. if he cant afford it tell him to put a rubber hose on the taps and leave your card for when he an afford it ..

i bet you dont even get to the van before he calls u back . :)