Any Idea What This Is?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeFil

Reaction score
West Midlands police are trying to identify what this is. Was found in a van load of stolen copper. Looks electrical... Anyone got any ideas?

West Midlands police are trying to identify what this is. Was found in a van load of stolen copper. Looks electrical... Anyone got any ideas?

IMG_20150106_181125.jpg

To me it looks like either a neutral or an earth bar out of a Merlin Gerin/Schneider 4 or 8 way three phase MCCB panel board

The type that takes MGP0323 MCCBs

Just saying

Or it could be part of a an earth marshalling bar that has had the disconnect removed

I am triumphant, oh FRICKING YES........mind you I do install a lot of these

Bottom of pictureimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To me it looks like either a neutral or an earth bar out of a Merlin Gerin/Schneider 4 way three phase MCCB board

The typ that takes MGP0323 MCCBs

Just saying

Or it could be part of a an earth marshalling bar that has had the disconnect removedI am triumphant, oh FRICKING YES........mind you I do install a lot of these

Bottom of picture
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
And that's why I love this forum..

I can't see the pic  but I'd guess it is from a Merlin /Schnieder  TPN board ,, earth bar using square holes & those square headed bolts    :innocent   :innocent   :coat  

The square holes are to stop the bolts from turning as they have a shank under the head.

It may stop them turning, however IT does not stop them falling out and disappearing

Just a font of all knowledge AND the forum's voice of reason for 2015...

Bloody hell...well spotted there Kerch .    Pre-Merlot I presume.
Merlot will be later as I am having a minor celebration tonight ( NOT. In a Savilesque way though )

There are also earth bars like this available for panel builders to use in bespoke panels.

The company I worked for in the late 80's early 90's used them.