Any thoughts or experiences with this SDS?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L-E_Fault

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new cordless SDS drill and I quite like the look of this fella. Has anybody got any thoughts that will help me part with or keep my

Used to work for a fella who had one, a great little piece of kit and as far as I remember it was pretty light for the power you got off it :)

I borrowed a Hilti 36V SDS TE6A once,, my god, it was good!!
I'm sure it was, but that's like comparing a G-Whizz thingy to an M5.

Personally, I'd stick to my Makita 24V's over the Bosch 36V. It has rotary stop, and a bit more punch, and the batteries last longer. I've used Bosch 24V's before and not found them as controllable as the Makita. Not sure what the new lines are like, but I'd not chance it myself. I've also lent my drill to people with Bosch 24V's before and they've preferred the Makita. One of my 24V Makitas has been given some serious abuse over the last 8+ years and has only recently had 2 batteries, and that's the lot. All in all it's been a good buy.

I have to say though, I'm not a Bosch fan and have never been impressed with Bosch kit, and I'll buy anything that has a Makita badge on it because they are so great.

ALL my other gear is Makita and have been very impressed with all of it. If I'm honest I'm draw to the price, and the fact Bosch give a 3 year warranty.

ALL my other gear is Makita and have been very impressed with all of it. If I'm honest I'm draw to the price, and the fact Bosch give a 3 year warranty.
I'm not that bothered about warranties. Like I say, my Makita has outlasted any warranty.

Is it wrong to call a power tool 'gorgeous', because when I got my new SF cat this week it was on the back!

Looks nice :D

Is it wrong to call a power tool 'gorgeous', because when I got my new SF cat this week it was on the back!Looks nice :D
Thats called toolpron.