Anyone used/use Napit Just 8?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisg1979

Reaction score
I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the business I'm currently working for and am starting to think more seriously about making the move towards self employment.

At this very moment in time I don't feel ready to jump from full time employment as I have mouths to feed and bills to pay, but would like to get my name out there ad start to do a few of my own jobs.

The thing is, I'm realistically only going to be able to do this on evenings, weekends and holidays so am not going to do that much extra work.

Just wondered if anyone used or uses Napits Just 8 scheme as I'm unlikely to do more than this many jobs in a year, and wondered if anyone could point out pros/cons of it.

Cheers in advance,

Chris

JUST 8 scheme is only if you did notifiable jobs for family and friends or yourself so to save going through building control notice.

Also it could not be used by a business and you would still require PL insurance in your own name.

Thats not what they told me, but hey ho, often you speak to the same company, but each different person gives a variation.

Thanks for the reply's.

Looks like full membership it'll have to be then!

Not really a problem but obviously if there had been an option to pay less as I wasn't going to sign off all that much work then that was common sense.

Oh well, maybe I'll consider it again in 30 years time!

they told me (a couple of years ago) that it was for anyone who didnt think they would need a full subscription, as i was working full time like you it sounded good for the odd evening, weekend jobs i might get. they did say if i went over the 8 jobs i could just pay the extra for full subs. they did mention that most people who did it were college lecturers etc but were happy for me to join it too. in the end i went with elecsa at the elex show as just felt they were very friendly.

just to say about napit, a mate of mine was with them for a year and when the renewal came round he felt he had not done any large enough work to be assesed on (even though he had submitted things), so phoned them and they said dont worry just pay your fees and we wont bother coming to you- i thought that was shocking.

he cancelled it last year, as had a year off!! (and didnt want to spend the

they told me (a couple of years ago) that it was for anyone who didnt think they would need a full subscription, as i was working full time like you it sounded good for the odd evening, weekend jobs i might get. they did say if i went over the 8 jobs i could just pay the extra for full subs. they did mention that most people who did it were college lecturers etc but were happy for me to join it too. in the end i went with elecsa at the elex show as just felt they were very friendly. just to say about napit, a mate of mine was with them for a year and when the renewal came round he felt he had not done any large enough work to be assesed on (even though he had submitted things), so phoned them and they said dont worry just pay your fees and we wont bother coming to you- i thought that was shocking.

he cancelled it last year, as had a year off!! (and didnt want to spend the

Latest posts