apprentice of the year?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas123

Reaction score
How do people become apprentice of the year? What do they grade people on? Who nominates them etc?

I'd like to know all about what happens if you dont mind.

Cheers

I know that colleges are invited to put forward any candidates - then in conjunction with employers the nominees are graded and then tested further to find the winner. I think there are several winners spread across the UK.

I know that colleges are invited to put forward any candidates - then in conjunction with employers the nominees are graded and then tested further to find the winner. I think there are several winners spread across the UK.
that sounds about right

I unfortunately had to work for one of these apprentice of the year chaps.

The company he was working for made him a site manager as soon as he finished his time. Totally insufferable.

Back in the Electricity Board days you were graded on the quality of the tea and coffee you made and most importantly, the quality of the cream cakes you purchased for the lads on your birthday.

Fresh cream melbas and do-nuts were always the favourites.

God help the apprentice who bought artificial cream cakes!

i won it twice... all i did was turn up and try my hardest, also i went home and did my home work on sites like this....

; -)