Apprenticeship / Voluntary work

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThomasAnderton

Reaction score
Hi, I am 17, I have had almost 2 years of experience at college an i need somebody to take me on as an apprentice for next year,I live in the Northampton area. has anybody got any good tips on getting employed, I have tried looking for the past year and have had no luck :(

All you can do is wright to local companies explaining your situation and hopefully you may be lucky. Unfortunately at this time you are going to struggle as I think not many companies are taking on apprentices but good luck and welcome to the forum.

Hi, I am 17, I have had almost 2 years of experience at college an i need somebody to take me on as an apprentice for next year,I live in the Northampton area. has anybody got any good tips on getting employed, I have tried looking for the past year and have had no luck :(
Get your CV sorted out (possibly take it to Connexxions get them to look over it?), write yourself a covering letter and get it sent to each and every company in town. Follow that up a week or 2 later with a phone call.

Also, get in touch with your local council, they often take a number of apprentices on. I know a council local to me is taking 10 apprentices on, with a bit of luck yours will be doing similar.

Marc.

Welcome to the forum Thomas, good luck with your search. As others have said there are no easy solutions in the current economic climate. But feel free to ask the forum any other questions you may have.

Doc H.