Apprenticeships in Glasgow

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pre-Apprentice

Reaction score
Does anyone know companies that are taking on apprentices this year? or just companies that they know have a good reputation and that I should try?

Try FES in Stirling. I believe they take on apprentices every year, and do lots of contracting in the Glasgow area. They certainly employ plenty weegie punters. (01786 819600)

McGill's are a big outfit too. Dundee based firm IIRC, but have a Glasgow office. (0141 333 1999)

N G Bailey have a Glasgow office, and are another biggie. (0141 332 8040)

Personally though, get the yellow pages out and write to as many as possible.

I tried contacting quite a few companies in Glasgow and the majority, if not all pretty much says "No" .. so not much luck.. just shows the reality of how hard it is to get an apprenticeship. Dont have much hope at the moment so does anyone know of any apprenticeship schemes in Glasgow? or companies that there is a possibility of an apprenticeship scheme being there?

It's not looking good mate :|

just perserveer. Are you working atm? Is starting to study at nightschool an option whilst earning a wage in the day? Might show you are more serious?

Im currently at college taking a Pre-Apprentice Electrical Course.. the thought behind this was as some experience for the apprenticeship and would look good to employers but not much luck with finding employers so ..