are napit any good?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really touch that much 3 phase to be honest.. And what I meant was if I'm on NIC DI scheme I can only sign off commercial with the green Certs and I'm not covered if anything goes wrong ( even though it won't) but with NAPIT I can use there proper Certs and I am covered for working with commercial and industrial.. To me that's so much better for me and also the fact it's cheaper and I get my mcs for free if I join now..

Don't quite understand what you mean by covered?? YOU sign off and are responsible for all the work that you are competent to to,,, you should not be carrying out work that you are not competent to do

If anything goes wrong then both NAPIT and the NICEIC will not be involved,, except on behalf of your client trying to get you to resolve the issue,,,,it'll be your insurance that gets the hit

TBH you could very easily just use the IET's forms even if you were NIC or NAPIT, the only problem is in the use of logo's as you should only be using them for work that your scheme has assessed you for

ive got my napit assessment on Friday, i had considered niceic but the approved is really expensive, and the thought of having "domestic installer" on the back of the van..uhhh *shudder*.

well in light of recent revelations I would say napit are only interested in your cheque,!

BUT,!

that may well be changing very very soon, they may well be getting a kicking shortly I hope.! ;)

you wouldnt have DI on the back of your van if you are competent enough to join properly,

BTW, napit are only a domestic installer club anyway, they dont even have a room for proper electricians,! :eek: :slap

ive got my napit assessment on Friday, i had considered niceic but the approved is really expensive, and the thought of having "domestic installer" on the back of the van..uhhh *shudder*.
Personally I decided on joining the NICEIC because they have the highest profile of all the scheme providers,, I think that joe public don't know what/who the NICEIC are; never mind NAPIT, ELECSA or the others

Is that why they're so expensive in the first place because they take monthly payments therefore can increase the overall annual cost?
No interest charged on monthly payments, however I could probably by a small house with the amount I've given them over the last 27 years.

I must be due a gold NICEIC badge soon :D

You do know that the NICEIC take monthly payments, so no instant big outlay.I have paid mine monthly for the last 3 years, spread the cost no problem.
Unfortunately you do have to pay the application fee and first years registration as lump sums,,, after that you can pay monthly (I pay mine over 6 payments)

I also hear that for Napit you must have 2391 whereas NIC aren't yet insisting on it.

Why not, I would think this was a basic qual for you to test & inspect on your own!!!!

I also hear that for Napit you must have 2391 whereas NIC aren't yet insisting on it.
Why not, I would think this was a basic qual for you to test & inspect on your own!!!!

Many Napit members do not have this qualification, and have been members far longer than the required 12 months qualifying period.

Another reason for independent assessments maybe?

Latest posts