Are we out of date again? (Who's been feeding the cash-cow?)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprise surprise!! 

next there’ll be a clamp down and separate scheme membership for those installing electric vehicle charging points so that the individuals can be assessed for compliance and competency, obviously previous instructions weren’t clear enough and issues have been brought to the attention of the IET or manufacturers have developed a new gadget that they want everyone to install. 

I was about to book my 18th now I ought to ask if they are including Am1 in it first! 

You know what, I will print those 15 pages, ******** if I am paying for yet another book with just 15 pages changed.

But at the next amendment, the vested interests, will ensure a smattering of minor, if not irrelevant changes are made, across the big book - so that we are "encouraged" to buy a new copy.

Let the gravy train continue. ............ 

was about to book my 18th now I ought to ask if they are including Am1 in it first! 
At my last AI last year I was told by the NIC man that as long as I can show competency I do not need to do an update course

FFS I've been doing it  best part of 50 years! I should be getting quite good at it by now......opinions may vary

I haven’t done my 18th yet either ....

last year at my cps assessment the assessor and I talked quite a bit about the 18 th and he said I clearly understood the changes. He didn’t ask me if I had actually done it!

you should have seen his face when I asked him when I needed to take it 😀

At my last AI last year I was told by the NIC man that as long as I can show competency I do not need to do an update course
So was I . As with Kerch I've done more than 50 years  .    I really cannot see myself back at college  ,  it was embarrassing doing the 17th  ,  first class it was assumed I was the lecturer . 

So was I . As with Kerch I've done more than 50 years  .    I really cannot see myself back at college  ,  it was embarrassing doing the 17th  ,  first class it was assumed I was the lecturer . 
Long story short

back in 70s I was at University, yes, I know, respect is due!.....anyway I have been doing this since I was going on site at 12 ( summer holidays, family business etc) I moulded be about 21 as I had already done A levels and an ONC in SeniorvEngineering at college. Got myself a part time evening job teaching Elec Installation at local Tech . first night I walked in and 2 of my lecturers were sat amongst the students.....so I sat next to them "don't I know you?" Said one of them I explained I was in his Power and Machines lectures   He was there to see what latest practices were as he was purely theory. Give him some SWA and he would be stumped .  They said lecturer was a bit late so I  said I'd go and see what was happening. Walked out of the door, came back in and stood at front of class and started!

the look on their faces was beyond words

clearly I’d lost those words!!

But you still even knew what I meant.....

Amazing talent you have Kerch! 
Yes, yes indeed, I have heard many people say 'you're a one off'....well to be honest it sounded like 'one off' but when I think about it , it was more like clucking and cough