Arrgh Bored!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cirrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, my Xmas break started on Saturday and I didn't realise quite how much I enjoy working! Kids are off school and driving me mad, the snow is deep and I live on the top of a ruddy great hill and without a 4x4 you are stuck and so I can't escape! I planned to take time off until the 4th Jan but already I have shuffled jobs around to get me out of the house and working next week. Is it just me who finds it hard to wind down? I just don't like not doing anything. Sad I guess?!

Not just you mate. I'd use any excuse to get out tbh. Stuck in with 3 kids saying .... I'm bored . Not much fun apart from them opening their presents. Roll on Xmas day lol

i also find when im not working, i am bored, nothing worse than being sat down with sod all to do lol.
You must have been married a long, long time ................. :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O

not not married lol, but when im not working the partner normally is, i just like to be working or doing something worthwhile
hmmmmmmmmmmmm ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

You raise an interesting question Cirrus , I've been working for 1000 years now but soon get bored with nothing to do, no problems to solve, things to organize . The summer isn't so bad but stuck in the house is a pain. The missus keeps dreaming up jobs to do.

I find myself tidying the van out , its very sad really. I read a lot , guitar, but thats for the evening really ,can't stand daytime TV!!!

I even tried playing call of duty black ops for 20 mins. Got me very wound up and even more frustrated because I get beaten online by 7 year olds! Just running out of ideas as to what I can do. Kids want to go sledging. Did that yesterday. I need to fit downlights to the bedroom but can't even make it to the wholesalers because of the snow. Mental lol!

I even tried playing call of duty black ops for 20 mins. Got me very wound up and even more frustrated because I get beaten online by 7 year olds! Just running out of ideas as to what I can do. Kids want to go sledging. Did that yesterday. I need to fit downlights to the bedroom but can't even make it to the wholesalers because of the snow. Mental lol!
Shhhhhhhhhh.......don't mention this Cirrus.........you will be told to "grow up" :C

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no ! I've now copped for the Christmas shop at Asda , the missus won't drive in the snow ! Best do my bit I 'spose. See you later
We just got back. Hope you have better luck than we had.

Shelves are nearly empty and the shop assistants are complaining the trucks are not getting through with deliveries.

Will you let us know how it went for you :eek:

It would be a massive challenge. I did have a Discovery to make it easier but ahem, that's another story where I told the dealer to take the car back the day after he delivered it and refund me my money. 2 months on I am without the Disco and the cashbad day explode

We just got back. Hope you have better luck than we had.Shelves are nearly empty and the shop assistants are complaining the trucks are not getting through with deliveries.

Will you let us know how it went for you :eek:
Well we made it back alive , place was heaving , car park overflowing, bored rigid shuffling round , found ourselves standing next to our old neighbours from 100 years ago at one stage then the In-Laws then a friend. This was Asda, shelves were groaning with every thing except Thyme & Parsley stuffing , which they don't sell. :eek:

Because the Missus goes there every week she noticed that all the prices had gone up for the annual Christmas rip-off . X(

well i deffo wont be bored, 2 x sheds to clean out, a decking area to tidy up, a garage to tidy out, a loft to clear out and tidy up :( so i dont think ill be bored at all over the holiday

Well I am happy to not be doing 'work' for a few days. I know you lot probably don't think what I do is work but there you go. Actually have time to turn that black thing on that sits in the corner and has moving pictures on it. Not that theres anything any good on it.

Also time for some quiet reflection and penitence... (only kidding)

Not in a rush to work but will be back next week.

had a foretaste of hell today when I visited Tesco's .... unbelievable....

" Xmas holidays have started"?? No buggr told me!

I`m working up to Thursday; back in next Weds, Thurs; Then in on the 4th for a mental couple of weeks - thats if the family issues don`t chuck the proverbial in the whoosis