ASCERTIVA?? (NEW NAME FOR NICEIC GROUP)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkytim

Reaction score
Just received letter from NIC, notification of change of NICEIC GROUP LTD to ASCERTIVA GROUP LTD, will make no difference to NICEIC Brand but reflects diversification into other areas of Group.

How did they come up with a name like that?

Bit like when Corgi morphed into Gas Safe. Instant brand recognition & awareness to zero public perception overnight.

I had mine this morning aswell...

sounds like they possibly want to get into gas, fensa and other self cert things..

It wouldn't be right being a "National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting" registered Gas fitter... would it??

Sounds very much like they spent many thousands of pounds with a marketing company to come up with that gem...........

Obviously its the "in sounding" cool name....

Trains / busses = ARRIVA

Insurance = AVIVA

"ACERTIVA"

I think the forum needs a new "brand name"..... ]:)

Brian suggests...

The_Electriva_Forumiva

:C :C

they could be trying to follow napit and have multi-discipline assessment and accreditation.

Changing brand names is daft IMO . As EXBBC says . Even on here there is confusion when a Forumite (or soon to be, Forumiva) changes their Avatar , identity is lost.

There is a part of the Black Country that confuses every one even now, a group of neighbouring towns ,West Bromwich, Dudley, Oldbury, Tipton,Rowley Regis, Cradley, Smethwick, suddenly became Sandwell. Trouble is its not on maps, or A-Zs .Thats why the M6 is so crowded, full of lorries all looking for signs to Sandwell !!!!

Perhaps they just wanted something beginning with the leter A so they can be nearer the front of the phone book.

You know up there with the ones with naff names like AAAA1 electrical contractors