Bakelite

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky999

Reaction score
Anyone know of any good sites they have used or wholesaler that provides bakelite switches as a customer wants these in her newly renovated house. Do you just put in on a normal metal box and it comes with an adapter so u can fit it on any advice would be grand.

Cheers

:D

Yh cheers mate had a look on there before, had any experience using these anyone?

Fitted some Olivers Lighting kit on a few jobs. I'd happily use it where the need arises, pretty reasonable stuff. It's not cheap though!

For Bakelite switches: http://www.bromleighs.com/acatalog/Bakelite_Antique_Mahogany.html

I have used Hamilton Litestat's Bloomsbury range (brass dome switches) - and cannot fault them, easy to install and very good looking. They are slightly more expensive than other companies doing dome switches. I pointed this out and Hamilton adjusted their quote to win my business.

Also Hamilton do a 2gang intermediate switch [which is missing from the Olivers range], and they perform quality checks on their goods before sending them out.

QVS are an outlet for Hamilton Litestat products.

TTbb (obviously very happy with Hamilton Litestat products!) :D

Fitted the hamilton dolly switches. They were a right pain in the arse! Looked the business when all done though.

Latest posts