Battery change

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avinalarf

Reaction score
Hello all

Doing my monthly calcard test and got deviations on the continuity readings:|.

I know readings can go a bit awry when the batteries need changing, so did so. My readings are still off, but in the complete opposite direction :_| .

Will send it away to get checked, but just wanted to know whether it's good practice to remove the batteries from the tester when not in use for a few weeks or more?

Thanks

Cant see leaving batteries in could affect your readings, but taking them out could stop any corrosion to battery terminals due to battery leakage.

Hi KME

I've got a Fluke 1652. I tried using the regular cables, then swapped the line one for the one which has the test button incorporated on it (hope that makes sense!). Didn't make much difference.

Ah - same beastie I have.

Never had an issue with batts leaking - but I don`t use rechargeables in there (output is only 1.2V per cell, as against 1.5 for standard - with the six batts, you`re losing 1.2V before you start.)

My "tip commander" (the one with the test button) is knaffered - but I had an issue with the original earth lead, too - you could see the problem when you nulled the test leads; especially if using the croc clips.

I`m now using the kewtech leads that came with my KT63 - much better leads all round, IMO.

Where did you send it off to? ISSWWW I hope?? ;)

KME

No rechargeables being used - just good old Duracell! I haven't sent it off yet, will contact ISSWWW tomorrow as CEF & Edmundsons have said it'll cost

Spare leads are always a valuable investment in my opinion.Doc H
Agree, I bought a spare set some time ago - From a private individual member on here - through TEF Auctions (IIRC)?.

Finally got my tester returned from calibration after 12 days :( .

Just wanted to know if I'm supposed to understand the information they provide on the test sheet or if I just take their word that everything is ok because it passed???

Finally got my tester returned from calibration after 12 days :( .Just wanted to know if I'm supposed to understand the information they provide on the test sheet or if I just take their word that everything is ok because it passed???
Now's the time to run through the tests with your checkbox to see if there's any drift from this point onwards. Make sure you record your results.

12 days is a long time. Time to name and shame? ;)

Now's the time to run through the tests with your checkbox to see if there's any drift from this point onwards. Make sure you record your results. 12 days is a long time. Time to name and shame? ;)
My Fluke has been away for over a month due to a fault still not right someboby is going to get a right bo....ing tomorrow.

X(

Now's the time to run through the tests with your checkbox to see if there's any drift from this point onwards. Make sure you record your results. 12 days is a long time. Time to name and shame? ;)
Hi Apache

Yes, I do keep records and shall continue to do so. Mmm, would rather not name and shame as it was through a member, but I put it down to them hopefully being very busy!

Latest posts