BDC in administration

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though, if BDc have had the reputation that I have heard in the trade & after reading some of the posts on here, it's obvious why they went bust innit?

Maybe somebody else will fill the void that will be left, great expansion op for CEF maybe?

250+ posts now. : O)

Oh & for the record, Micromark was a s*ite brand. Never bought it, never would.

Oh & for the record, Micromark was a s*ite brand. Never bought it, never would.
But many did

BTW Which "national" distributor has a sales force of two but can't afford fuel for them?...BDC 2008!!!

But many didBTW Which "national" distributor has a sales force of two but can't afford fuel for them?...BDC 2008!!!
Lol, should'nt this be in the jokes section? ; O)

Actually , no . I am getting calls daily from Companies asking me to provide references for ex BDC staff , which I am happy to do . The remaining staff in my centre , Manchester , since you ask , did a superb job of emptying the Warehouse and getting the stock back to [* unnamed persons *] . The people doing this included the only 2 sales staff left ,both Ladies whom had only just joined BDC . They were not going to get any redundancy and yet they worked themselves into the ground to finish the job . That is the calibre of staff that we had . What we didn't know about was all the behind the scenes stuff that is coming out on this forum . An ex RM told me about a year ago that BDC was going under and at the time I laughed at him . If he's reading this - you were right . Most of our staff on the Sales / Warehouse side were grafters who were kept in the dark . In the 3 years that I was there , we never had a [* unnamed persons *] visit , so the only info we got was second hand . I'm not even slightly bitter about this , but I do feel that with a bit more thought we could have given a lot better service .
so which ex-rm told you that then. and was he already gone or did he last to the bitter end. think i know who you mean,hes been slated on facebook quite a bit. and just to be clear, my reference about ex staff getting jobs was in response to shalom. i am in total agreement with you that most staff were decent people and from what i remember manchester was a big succesful centre until a couple of years ago.

Ex RM was [* unnamed persons *] . Back in codes again ! I agree that Manchester was a big successful Centre but then the malady that ran through the Company struck . I remember an order that came in for 36 Kettles and Toasters and we couldn't even fulfill that using MM stock ! That's how poor it got . We started going downhill at the same time as everyone else which leads me to think it was poor management from the top .

Ex RM was [* unnamed persons *] . Back in codes again ! I agree that Manchester was a big successful Centre but then the malady that ran through the Company struck . I remember an order that came in for 36 Kettles and Toasters and we couldn't even fulfill that using MM stock ! That's how poor it got . We started going downhill at the same time as everyone else which leads me to think it was poor management from the top .
same name that was subjected to a fair level of personal abuse on facebook. did he deserve it? and your guess is right. the senior management really started to go to pieces once [* unnamed persons *] left in 2004. the in fighting was incredible, the bitching constant and the decision making beyond belief. only 2 parties suffered though, the customers (who rightly are having a pop on this thread) and the day to day centre staff, who dont deserve anything other than praise for working through a situation they had no control over. tbh, i stayed at bdc BECAUSE the customers and staff were so great. it did distract from the rubbish leadership.

was past belfast centre to day and the rear doors where open and a customes van was removing stock !!

what has become of [* unnamed persons *] and former [* unnamed persons *]

was past belfast centre to day and the rear doors where open and a customes van was removing stock !!
If you drive past tomorrow the same van will be dumping it all back as faulty!Applaud Smiley

what has become of [* unnamed persons *] and former [* unnamed persons *]
I've heard [* unnamed persons *] is doing stand up at the Comedy Store with [* unnamed persons *] as script writer.

Hi AllI do appreciate that [* unnamed persons *] was too trusting and let the children play with matches as it were,and the staff just had to get on with it and the majority were just trying to live their lives and do an honest days work.

We all know the silver fox was to blame (buzzword bingo addict) and his cronies.Perhaps [* unnamed persons *] was too busy with his creative accountants?

Who really misses it who has now left?

Such a waste of resources over such a short period of time.
i agree with some of this Caravan Kate, the only thing mising was the waste of money on the [* unnamed persons *] who were to save the company, hundreds of thousands spent on [* unnamed persons *] , who then spend thousands themselves

Hmm . Don't want to get into the slating people type of thing . I haven't joined Facebook so I don't know what [* unnamed persons *] is getting . But I will say this . He was a good man to work for , with a lot of good ideas that were not always listened to . I feel as a Company we should have made better use of him rather than forcing him out . This is only my view and it may be wrong .I hate the terms Proactive and Reactive , but I felt that what [* unnamed persons *] was doing was in the interest of the Customers and the Company rather than self serving use of buzz words .

Of course , if he's reading this , then he was bloody useless (Joke)

what has become of [* unnamed persons *] and former [* unnamed persons *] [* unnamed persons *]
[* unnamed persons *] now at [* unnamed persons *] . fair play to him. [* unnamed persons *] may get job at Mac D's as long as he doesnt have to make any decisions such as fries or side salad.

what happened to the other rubbish RM's. wheres [* unnamed persons *] , the only decent one.

[* unnamed persons *] ? any word on [* unnamed persons *] ex74 mom

[* unnamed persons *] ? any word on [* unnamed persons *] ex74 mom
[* unnamed persons *] struggling already, not recognised in Scotland

[* unnamed persons *] working for stearn, good luck to her

Status
Not open for further replies.