Big thanks to British gas

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote I know what i am going to do but wondered what some of the younger members views are ?.........Angle grinder?............... :innocent
Swap it round and watch it go backwards? ;)

Your one looks wrong slips. They've used flexibles both sides. I was told by a gas engineer that it's not allowed anymore. One side has to be hard piped not flex.

Won't say why on open forum but I'm sure most of you know the score on that one :)

Absolute numpties! This was put in last week!There coming back after the customer increases the size of the meter cupboard! Which is why I was there to move some cables
So many questions:

What is the GAS meter doing in the ELECTRIC meter cupboard? shouldn't they be separate?

Where was the gas meter before then? If there was a previous gas meter that wasn't in the way, why didn't the new gas meter go in the same place. If this is a new gas meter (new gas installation) why was it put there?

I was just wondering where to post these pics & up pops this thread. We have just started a refurb in a occupied house and this is the fusebox. I know what i am going to do but wondered what some of the younger members views are ?I KNOW WHAT YOUR GONNA DO!!!!! .....STRUGGLE!

He must be a rogue Gas fitter. All the Gas guys I've come into contact with are pretty pedantic about what goes where and have a peculiar twitchiness about 10mm2 bonding conductors..