books on testing and inspection

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butler26

Reaction score
Hi there I've just finished the 2330 lv2 and lv3 and I'm going to do the 17th ed course but I want to be able to issue certificates for any work I'll be doing and would like some advice on what course I should do and books I should buy . Any advice would much be welcomed

Thanks

Hello mate if you want to certify your work I would do the test and inspect course 2391 this isn't easy and the pass rate is low, book for this is guidance note 3

If you are going to certify domestic work you will need to register to a scheme I'm with elecsa

Hope this helps

Hello mate if you want to certify your work I would do the test and inspect course 2391 this isn't easy and the pass rate is low, book for this is guidance note 3If you are going to certify domestic work you will need to register to a scheme I'm with elecsa

Hope this helps
Your above statement should read:-

If you are going to SELF certify NOTIFIABLE domestic work you will need to register to a scheme I'm with elecsa Hope this helps
ANY competent electrician can issue an EIC for work they have done without being a member of anything!

Even Part P notifiable work can be done and certified without being a member of anything..

Just need to notify LABC before you commence work and pay LABC fees.

Agreed the scheme membership route is cheaper and more convenient but it is NOT essential that you are a scheme member..

It is all described on pages 10,11 & 12 of approved Document P.

which any competent spark should be well aware of! :)

i've just passed my 17th edition and the inspection & testing found NICEIC videos helpful as well as the guidance note 3 explained it ALL .