Bosch Autodome Ptz Protocol Blues

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgah100

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm new to this forum so hope I have posted my request in the right place!

I have a Bosch EnviroDome camera, it is old but unused. The model is LTC 0928/15C with a 18X D/N camera.

At present I am running an old PC with a cheap 4 ch DVR card (eBay pico2000) and two fixed cameras on the front of my house. I have just bought a small stand alone DVR to preplace the aging PC as it uses about 100W of power 24/7, the new DVR only uses a little over 11W.

I have tested the Bosch camera on the old PC system and can get the PTZ working over RS232 or RS485 without problem. I tried all the available protocols but the only one that worked is UEL MV961A all other protocols do nothing (including PELCO).

My problem is my new DVR only has PELCO P or D, I thought the Bosch would work with PELCO after checking the specs online and that the old PC didn't work on PELCO due to dodgy software (cheap Chinese copy software). However after a second online search PELCO is only supported on cameras with firmware version 5.3 onwards... mine runs version 5,2

As I see it my only options are a firmware upgrade , but I think I need a special (read expensive) interface or a stand alone PTZ controller, but as I cant find a third party one with the right protocol  it would have to be a Bosch one (read expensive again).

Does anyone know where I could get the firmware updated at a reasonable cost or any other ideas to get around my problem?

Thanks in advance