Braided flex for Iron

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkyrj

Reaction score
Hi i am trying to find 1.0 mm braided flex for the iron at home, and im having trouble finding any. B+Q sell it for

I think the old cotton braided flex is fastly being replaced with the new heat resistant types of flex around.At one time all kettles and irons had these type of flexes but nowadays they appear to be more and more less seen.

I personnally have never had to buy any so I could not point you in one or the other direction.But I would not pay

Thanks for the offer batty but i really need 1.0mm i think as the iron is 1800 to 2200 watts depending on the setting its on but thanks anyway.

thanks for the link apache. I saw that one earlier too fom a google search .maybee ill just use heat resistant flex instead.

I have one here at home that I took off of an old iron, flex is in good condition & the plug is still on it.

Things like iron flex are always a problem, if you buy a drum you will have it forever. A small local independent wholesaler may run 2mtrs off for you otherwise its B&Q , Wickes, Homebase etc I wouldn't use heat resisting flex if I were you , its the flexibility that counts not heat resistance, HR flex would not do TBH Afterthought, you could try an appliance repair shop, they'd sell a couple of metres.

Deke

Thanks for the help everyone but got home today and her who must be obeyed has bought a new iron, so problem solved.I think she got fed up waiting. Thanks anyway. :|

Things like iron flex are always a problem, if you buy a drum you will have it forever. A small local independent wholesaler may run 2mtrs off for you otherwise its B&Q , Wickes, Homebase etc I wouldn't use heat resisting flex if I were you , its the flexibility that counts not heat resistance, HR flex would not do TBH Afterthought, you could try an appliance repair shop, they'd sell a couple of metres.Deke
Quite so Deke!

I think its is also something to do with not marking or ruffling up your nice clean clothes when you are ironing...

you probably get the same problems as me when you are ironing your blouses & skirts? :p :x :^O:^O

:coat

{was that coat ironed?}