Brown bread

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone , in Forumland  ,  buy brown bread ?     Not yer  Wholemeal  , not yer Granary ...old fashioned  , simple , unbleached , not white  but  Brown Bread  .

It seems to have disappeared along with  Norfolk  Thyme & Parsley Stuffing .   

I hardly eat any bread and have an aversion to brown, a former partner insisted I ate it. Ate it? I hated it, cheap carp from Tesco.

Long gone are the days of the local baker, good home made bread, pies and my favourite oat cakes.

The problem is Brown Bread can be wholemeal or white flour dyed brown with caramel, yes white bread that is coloured!

If it says wholemeal or wholegrain on the label, you are guaranteed exactly that.

Check the label .

Am I the only one that opened this thread to see who had fallen off their perch?
Ah   jumping to conclusions see , human brain jumping around like Google on speed ,   things that disappear worry  me ,  one minute everyone in Britain drives a Cortina , then  I woke one morning and they were all gone ,    milk used to be delivered on a horse & cart  each day  in a bottle,  in Brum it was called Stera  or Pass .  

Children used to have legs , which they used for walking to school where teachers would lash them with a bamboo cane  ,   and bread was brown  . I assumed it was natural & not bleached now it s gone   along with  Regent Petrol &  National Benzole  & Thyme & Parsley  stuffing . 

Mostly Vans  & low powered cars  ,   putting 4 star in a van made no difference , the engine was designed for the cheaper  2 star .  We had Morris Minor vans at one firm , designed for 2 star . 

I think there was  2-3-4-& 5 star petrol . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly Vans  & low powered cars  ,   putting 4 star in a van made no difference , the engine was designed for the cheaper  2 star .  We had Morris Minor vans at one firm , designed for 2 star . 

I think there was  2-3-4-& 5 star petrol . 

Edit:   Just  remembered working at a Gulf Oil  distribution  depot  ,   almost every make of tanker filled up there  yet there were only  two different types  under the Gulf banner  , one was called Gulf No - Nox   .  

When I spend my time in germany I'm quite particular to their Schwarzbrot (black bread). Not found anything like it in the UK 

Look at Waitrose for Schneider Brot German vollkornbrot. I’ll admit I took a liking to “black bread”.

Just to upset my son I’ve ordered a large jar of sauerkraut for Christmas, he can’t stand the smell but we’ll be fighting over the German sausages and cheeses.