BS 5839 part 6 anyone?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fletchflash

Reaction score
Has anyone got a copy of BS5839 : 2004 part 6 i could possibly pinch? or know of where to get it. (for free;))

cheers

Hi Fletch

Yes I have a copy but need to keep hold of it, any specific info you require?

I can check for You and post it up if thats any help

Thanks Tim,

Sorry for confusion- i meant a copy on computer or a downloadable version.

I wasnt asking for someone to donate a hard copy to me, thats too cheeky even for me!

Not looking for anything specific in there, just after a copy for referance.

seems pretty hard to get hold of without having to pay alot for it.

Thanks Tim,Sorry for confusion- i meant a copy on computer or a downloadable version.

I wasnt asking for someone to donate a hard copy to me, thats too cheeky even for me!

Not looking for anything specific in there, just after a copy for referance.

seems pretty hard to get hold of without having to pay alot for it.
Did a quick search on Google Shopping and found this:

http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/bs-5839-part-6-fire-alarm-standards-for-dwellings-26860938.htm?from=googlebase

yeah thats great, cheers guys

had managed to find a couple of guides but they were all a bit simplified.

think i'll use that guide for now as it seems to have all info. I'll defo buy that book too, maybe get the proper document at a later date when i got more spare cash.

thanks for your help

hey fletch flash give me a day or so and i might be able to get you a copy and email you it.

thanks everyone. Mike, not had a PM off you?

had a couple off Kme, think he may have a copy.

would this not be a good one for the download area?

cheers

thanks everyone. Mike, not had a PM off you?had a couple off Kme, think he may have a copy.

would this not be a good one for the download area?

cheers
Of course, as we're all aware the subject of these PMs will be with regards to free guides to BS 5839. We wouldn't want to infringe any copyrights by putting anything in the download area that is the intellectual property of somebody else!

If anyone knows anywhere cheaper than Amazon I'd be interested in obtaining a copy of this book.

:)

Bumping an old thread here but would anyone be able to pm me a copy of the regs? Im interested in doing a fire alarm design course but would like a read up onthe regs first.

Cheers guys

To my understanding BS publications are not available as free downloads. They are purchase items only and even if they are available in electronic format I don't think they are small enough to be sent via the forums PM system.

Doc H.

Thanks for the pm :) ill nodoubt be purchasing one soon if i can get it from bsi on their half price deal for members but seems expensive for non members.