Outdoor PIR

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So has anyone got any recommendations for a good external PIR or microwave sensor (in black), i have fitted a BEG which i usually do but this customer not happy about it going off when windy, the bushes are a good 6/7m away but still affecting it. tried all adjustments but still happening. needs to be a small base due to is location. also needs to be 230V too.
cheers

You may think this an odd recommendation, but there are presently some combined units in Lidl for not much over a tenner.
I've just fitted one to replace an old unit which had started coming on during daylight and taking ages to go off.
The new one has really good adjustments for light level, sensitivity and time; probably the best PIR controls I've encountered over many years.
My only criticism is it has a fiddly terminal arrangement which will only accept a circular flex.

all PIRs react to moving bushes, so you may be onto hiding to nothing. Not many have sensitivity controls these days, but that is what you need, or try fitting the lens blanking pieces to cut out the bushes.

Latest posts