Builders

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, but if that lot is fed via a fused spur and a colour warning label is attached to the dis board then it may be ok. Not of course i would do such a thing, mine would have no sleeving on the earth
PMSL m8. Scoob-worthy, if ever I saw one! :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O

Seriously though, if that lot is fed via a 13a spur with a colour warning label, there's nothing in the regs against it. 1.5 can carry up to 16a.PS I'm off for a few pints and a curry tonight :eek: :O:O
Ah but you can't mix the colours in the same cable!!! ;)

If Brown is live then "N" should be BLUE! :eek:

IF Black is neutral the "L" should be RED! :(

Not the ole' Woolworth pic-an-mix colours used on this example!!!X( X( :_| :_|

You gonna be back before midnight this time? :)

Don't want you bowlin back in at 4:00am... X(

waking Steptoes horse & Theory... :eek:

(Admin will still be out getting fuel for the motor!)

:^O :^O:^O:^O

:eek:

:^O :^O

X(

:^O :x

Where does it say that
What about harmonised colours then ???

extend a cct for an extra socket original is red/black new is brown/blue

if you dont have old colours what do u do ????

Where does it say that
Spose we could start with... :|

Appendix 7Page 342

2 Additions or alteration to existing installation

2.1 Single-phase

An addition or alteration made to a single phase installation need not be marked at the interface provided that:

i) the old cables are correctly identified by the colour red or phase and black for neutral, and

ii) the new cables are correctly identified by the colour brown for phase and blue for neutral.
or maybe also..

514.4.1 Neutral or midpoint conductorwhere a circuit includes a neutral or midpoint conductor identified by a colour, the colour used shall be blue.
probably others.. ?:|

but those two seem quite clear! ;) :x

which is just a longer way of saying what Theory said! ; \ :) :) :D

I would agree in principal to your point about 1.5mm from a 13a FCU..

lets face it..

There is many a night storage heater run off a 15a rewireable fuse

on 1.5mm!? :) :) :) ;)

:) Blikey specs, what have you swallowed?

I cant remember the differance between PME & TT.....................But lets not go there hey.

Good answer btw. :)

Whats the difference between PMT and Mad cows disease.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Nothing

Ah but you can't mix the colours in the same cable!!! ;) If Brown is live then "N" should be BLUE! :eek:

IF Black is neutral the "L" should be RED! :(

Not the ole' Woolworth pic-an-mix colours used on this example!!!X( X( :_| :_|

oh now that really is very funny :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O

:) Blikey specs, what have you swallowed?I cant remember the differance between PME & TT.....................But lets not go there hey.

Good answer btw. :)
PME is where the distributor combines the Earth and neutral at the star point of the transvestite :eek: i mean transformer :^O :^O with multiple earth paths along the route back to the transformer, A TT supply is where there is no distributors earth and this had to be provided by a electrician and needs to be covered by a 100mA Rcd up front in 16th ed regs, and 17th regs is dual rcd at 30mA, The earth neeeds to be below 200 ohm but as long as it is below 1667 ohm then theoretivally the rcd would still trip as that 1667 ohm is where the touch voltage is 50.1V B-)B-)B-) im gonna carry on revising for the next explanation needed :^O :^O:^O :coat

To be honest any reading above 100 ohms is considered to be unstable,on a TT but thats a totally different debate.