C&G 2330

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 7547

Reaction score
I've done both level 2 and 3 and passed both, what's next? can I start any electrical work?

I've done both level 2 and 3 and passed both, what's next? can I start any electrical work?
You can do any electrical work at any point with or without any related qualifications depending on your circumstances. You need to be more specific.

I know I can't sign things off, so things on the domestic side so house re-wires/repairs/testing(but not certificating)(as much use as a chocolate teapot but until I can), but I wanna be able to install mains for Voice Alarm equipment; does it need certificating? their mainly in office buildings around Canary Wharf and London.

I'm competant to do the work, I can test and confirm its safe for use.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "sign things off."

However, there is no reason that you can't issue Certificates, other than not knowing how to fill them out.

The criteria for issuing Certificates or PIRs in BS7671 is that you be competent, you don't have to be qualified.

Part P seems to think that you have to be qualified to issue Certificates, although it doesn't mention which qualifications.