C&G 2391

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ichinen

Reaction score
Hi guys,

do you known the quickest way to get C&G 2391? What do you suggest? do you know OLCI training? and what about DOMLEC self-study?

Sorry 4 asking so much... :)

Thanks!

Depends on where you are. Not done the 2391 yet but have done the 2392 thro a private training company. They were good and probably as cheap as going to college and doing it. I have got the domlec cd and whilst it covers the topics sometimes there's nothing like being taught by someone with 'hands on' experience that you can tap into. Also we got pointers of what to expect in the exam. Was also pretty quick, we could choose whetehr to do a weeks course or 5 seperate days, the course could be tailored to individual needs so some didn't need the full length. Imho I'd try a private company

I live in central London. What's the name of your private training company?

Thanks

It was wyre associates but its 'up north' Bolton to be exact. I would enquire with your local independent trainers tho and see what they can offer

Hi

Not sure if this is any help but......If you are competent at testing and know your book's(I mean really know your books) the week course is probably for you. if you haven't studied the regs or been testing for a while then go the 12week night course route.

I left college a long time ago and even doing a 1 night a week was quite heavy going remembering the regs,ip codes, and a multitude of other things. The one thing I would say is its a long time from starting to getting the results.

Good luck

my first post, I did the 2392 in a private centre in tring called Proactive technical training, the guys dave and rob were great,and because they are still practising sparkies you get a lot more from the course.

I did my 17th edition and am doing the 2392 in Feb at Eversafe training just off the A127 near rayleigh. If you search them on the internet you should find them. The 17th course was really well presented by 2 people who knew what they were talking about and made it as interesting as is possible. You can do it eaither evenings or in 4/5 days.

I did part p, 17th and 2392 with accsess training cardiff and i am doing 2391 shortly. I'm local but have been doing courses with mainly london boys who travel and stay in digs, they went through olci i booked straight with access and i payed approximately a grand less than most of them just by cutting out the middle man (olci).

OLCI in London will not give u to much support...

I took my 2391 last year with them in august...not support at all.