c&g 2392

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meady

Reaction score
I have recenty passed my c&g 2382-10 and now got the 2392 in a few months. I have just landed a couple of big jobs with local landlords looking after their rental flats and propertys. What are the tests that landlords are required to take out before a new tennant moves in? I know they have to have the whole electrics verified and equipment pat tested but is it a Periodic inspection report they require? If so do I need the c&g 2391 for this or is the 2392 ample?

there is no legal requirement for testing to be carried out, but a PIR is a good start. Visual inspections are often used for landlords. whilst they have no meaning by 7671, it could show they have done their bit by getting something checked.

as for if you need 2391 or not, search the forums. been many topics about the same thing recently

I have been through a few threads regarding the whole 2392, 2391 debate but to be honest its very confusing what you can and cant do. The way I understand (which could be wrong) is you need the 2391 to pir an installation and certify. Im with elecsa and im sure they require the 2391 for pir's. I shall get on the phone tomorrow and find out.

I have been through a few threads regarding the whole 2392, 2391 debate but to be honest its very confusing what you can and cant do. The way I understand (which could be wrong) is you need the 2391 to pir an installation and certify. Im with elecsa and im sure they require the 2391 for pir's. I shall get on the phone tomorrow and find out.
you only have to have 2391 and pay a seperate fee to a scam provider to use their logo. back to the real world, and all you need to be is competent to I&T. and use your own certs. either 7671 model forms or something else

and for PIR's, there is nothing to certify