C-Tec Alarmsense panel question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
I have installed a few of these, great panel and problem free. I now have to do one where the panel releases the door magnets and shuts down the Air Con 'in fire'. No prob as there is a 24 Aux o/p on board and an Aux Fire output. So I will run the 24v DC supply for the door mags through one pair of contacts on my remote relay and run the ACU interlock through the other pair. Coil feed to remote relay will be via Aux Fire relay. Panel goes into Fire, Relay energises and both sets of contacts open; doors shut on their closers, ACU panel loses innterlock link and ACU shuts down....happy days.

Now to the question...in one man test mode does the Aux Fire Relay energise? or does it only pull in on a 'TRUE' Fire situation?....as otherwise during the OMT the ACU will have a total Benny if it tries resetting 50+ times

Anybody had experience of these?...I can call C-Tec Monday but just wondered what the 'great and the good' think/would do?...................: :Y

I have fitted a few of these like yourself. It will work in one man test mode and is really the only way to test when on site to make sure everything is working as it should. The last one I fitted operated door closers and the ventilation/heating system.

I used the NC wired to two separate power supply units, I guess the power supply units will determine which connections to use. I have been trying to remember the set up but can not find my notes.

Whoops, my huge mistake, sorry! I meant de-energise on Fire, so that way if the coil on the relay [mine] or the panels relay goes faulty we have a safe shutdown. Well spotted chaps; I have had 8 days putting the system in across 4 floors of an occupied shop/office setup [whilst keeping old system working!] and I think I am getting tired ...............bring on the Merlot................. :coat

You can always wire in a dp key switch and just label it fire alarm relay outputs disable

I have just looked over my notes, it probably made more sense at the time but the jist of my notes are; two power supplies wired to the NC connections on the fire panel, test in fire only.

I take it that it could only be tested in fire mode, and power cut. Sorry I can not give any more info it was a while ago since I installed it.

mmmmm, to me , your notes for test in Fire only read as 'aux fire relay only energises in Fire and NOT in one man test, so can only be tested in Fire ' if you see what I mean....I will ring the 'Man' on monday... :coat
Let me know how you get on, from memory I think I could only test the relays when in fire, but to be honest I can hardly remember it may be that I just took the lazy way out to be honest.

Let me know how you get on, from memory I think I could only test the relays when in fire, but to be honest I can hardly remember it may be that I just took the lazy way out to be honest.
I will ring them tomorrow, thanks. I always make notes, at the time they make perfect sense so that even an idiot can understand them. Give it about a week and they have transcribed themselves into total gibberish that even Stephen Hawkins would struggle with. I now take more care and write them long hand and slowly.

Back in the day I used to service repair commission install sheet and plate metal working machinery. Frighteningly big stuff, some could shear 2" plate like paper, some would bend girders and thick plate. In my haste my notes said 'n/c' should have read 'n/o' [my writing is atrocious] and the 'c' had turned into an 'o'...long story short...big bang...escape of magic smoke...global unpleasantness...managed to pass the can though; said damp had got into the reconglomorating thrake control wuffle. Lesson learned........... :coat