CAD software required.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manator

©Honorary Essex Boy™
Reaction score
I have posted here as it is mainly computer related. I have to start producing my own as fitted drawings and fire alarm/ emergency lighting drawings. Some of the drawings go into the CDM folder, and the alarm system drawings will be laminated and positioned near the fire alarm panel. All this has been done by outside sources, however I am bringing everything in house, so to speak.

Now I am after a basic point and click cad program, ideally working on linux (ubuntu).

Free would be ideal, but I am not worried in paying a small fee, for a good system.

Like I have said it only needs to be basic. Cheers for any help, in advance.

I have had a look at those, but for some reason I keep getting line errors when downloaded, so I can not exe them to have a proper look.

Hi Manator

The package canoeboy sent looks pretty feature rich especially being able to edit autocad .dwg files.

I have had a read around and a simpler one is Dia

It all depends on how complex you want to get.

Cheers

I have had a look at those, but for some reason I keep getting line errors when downloaded, so I can not exe them to have a proper look.
I haven't looked at them,

but you may need to change the permissions on them to allow them to be .exe when you have downloaded them,

you may already know this, but Linux by its nature does not allow any DL files to be .exe to prevent viruses entering your system.