Can you complete an EIC without been registered

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yet if someone didnt have PI, done a PIR, then 6 month later got PI, then 2 month later wanted to claim for the PIR 7 month ago, they would probably be told its not covered...

i think anyone can certify anything, but does'nt the governing bodies have the last say ?

e.g. you take your car to the mechanic down the road for an mot test, he says its passed gives you a cert,

police stops you, for no mot.

you give him you sheet off the mechanic,

copper takes you to court,

where do you stand there ,?

although the mechanic is competant, and knows his big ends from his cam shafts. and does a better job than most " GARAGES "

anyone can give a certificate ( and it could be written on a bit of fag box )and they may be competant, but when the brown stuff hits the big spinning thing,

wot cert would you want in your hand to mop it up with ??

someone whos governing body has their back, or someone who proved himself competant because he knows a bit .

i may be wrong,because alot of really cleaver people have just the talent or ability to be naturally co-errant , where as some have to go to uni. not knowing and

graduate still not understanding.

but demand respect from lower bodies who know and understand better, with less .

wot i'm trying to say is, in a court of law.

if your in the dock,

would you want to stand there justifing yourself without a certificate,

or a city and guild piece of paper with your name on it ???

Last edited by a moderator:
i think anyone can certify anything, but does'nt the governing bodies have the last say ?
Napit, Elecsa, Niceic Bsi etc. are voluntary bodies that a business can choose to join or not. They are not governing bodies. BS7671 is a non statutory document. Is only recently that certain types of domestic work have had a legal requirement for Part P building regulation compliance. As such the issuing of correctly formatted certificates is very much a 'self regulating' function. Without a clear breach of some H&S law or Building regulation I doubt anyone would take up any case against someone writing their own certificates.

Doc H.