cant get on site - admin etc

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clear your web page cache?

Depends on your browser, something like web broswing history etc.

Probably something to do with the forum server move, or your ISP has not yet updated their DNS pointers themselves?

There is another term, but I can't remember it now!

tried clearing cache, history etc. still nothing. worked fine sat, no access sunday or anytime since. first tough Admin was playing with the site again on sunday, then notice from office monday that was only me who couldnt get online.... still the same.

using telewest/virgin. office (opal) & mobile net (vodafone) work fine

message i get

The connection has timed outThe server at www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

admin 3 - cant send you a PM

Admin 3 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Admin 3 from the recipient list and send the message again.

If that is correct Admin 3, then this would be the first time ever for a member to be blocked via WAN firewall. :(

Andy, If you do it straight away - and your goodself, Doc - e-mail me your IP and I will forward to Admin 3.

Admin.

I have e-mailed you Ad 3.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:31 ----------

Andy, have you tried this mate:

1) go to tools and click options

2) click on the advanced button and then click the network tab

3) then under connections click settings

4) click auto-detect proxy settings for this network.

Happened to me after the move!
That was a completely different situation.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:00 ----------

On the research I have been doing, there are split answers:

ISP / router

Firefox

IE

Firewall

Doc & Andy:

Check now to see if you have access

Are you on static IP's or not (or dont know)