CARDBOARD!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
weve just moved to wheelie bins a black one for general house rubbish and green one for garden waste. only one collected each alternate week.

the recycling guys refuse to take cardboard and 2 weeks gen house waste fills up the black bin.

just wonderd what you guys do with all your old packaging as our local tip monitors are hitlers and want to see exactly what your skipping.

im thinking of getting an incinerating bin thingy

i know most tips stop anyone with a van turning up to dump any thing, so i always go home with all my work waste and chuck it in the back of my car then go up the tip to dump it...otherwise got to the dump in the next town...i got 3 dumps within 7miles of my home.....

i know most tips stop anyone with a van turning up to dump any thing, so i always go home with all my work waste and chuck it in the back of my car then go up the tip to dump it...otherwise got to the dump in the next town...i got 3 dumps within 7miles of my home.....
LOL - where you from? Glad thet giant numberplate has gone!

Why not go here and introduce yourself?

we still have bin bags

alternate week for collection of different recycled stuff

as for our tips take my van in every week dont batter an eyelid

it used to be no trade vans but i think the council have realised its better to allow this than go a clean up all the fly tipping mess

of which we dont get much

LOL - where you from? Glad thet giant numberplate has gone!
I live in aldershot,hants..... 3 dumps being aldershot , farnbough and farnham....thats proberly why this area is such a sh1t hole. and if u dont belive me go google it :D

oh and FYI the giant numberplate Will return...altho slightly downsized lol

it used to be no trade vans but i think the council have realised its better to allow this than go a clean up all the fly tipping mess

of which we dont get much
damn dude i wish my local council was like that i get interigated if im waring a hi-vis in my car let alone the van......

NO FAIR!!!!!!

We have 2 bins; one for general rubbish, one for paper including cardboard & a plastic box for recyclables i.e. cans, pop bottles etc. Rubbish bins collected every other week with the other two on the weeks inbetween. System works well & they will take excess rubbish if it's anything but general rubbish which you are expected to dispose of yourself. I guess this is because they are incentised by government for anything that doesn't go into a landfill.

The joke is that the price of glass, paper & plastics has dropped so low that it is now unsaleable & the councils literally have mountains of it awaiting the price to become economically viable again. Suppose this will go with the EU wine lakes & butter mountains etc.

The joke is that the price of glass, paper & plastics has dropped so low that it is now unsaleable & the councils literally have mountains of it awaiting the price to become economically viable again. Suppose this will go with the EU wine lakes & butter mountains etc.

'economically viable again' to put it on a ship to China

which helps the eco system no end !!!!

the other point to note is that not all plastic is recycleable so it has to be sorted and then landfilled.

the other point to note is that not all plastic is recycleable so it has to be sorted and then landfilled.
If you now check, the recyclable plastic has a triangle mark made of three arrows with either 1,2 or 3 inside, if not it can't be recycled

We have a brown bin for general (collected weekly), two green for all recycle waste (bi-weekly) and small blue tub for glass

About 5 years ago, built at the back of the garden two 4ft (cubed) compost bins out of concrete hollow wall blocks, so all vegetable waste, egg shells, tea bags (excluding citrus fruits) goes in one side, and I turn over the contents in to the other side after about 12 months, makes excellent compost

so now we only fill one black bag per week for the brown bin for a family of 4, adults, not bad!!

OMG,,, we have:-

Grey bin (looks black to me!!) - non-recyclable waste (landfill)

Blue bin - recyclable waste; cardboard, paper, glass, plastics, wood

Orange bin - food waste

Green bin - garden waste

The orange bin is collected weekly, with the grey and (blue & green) alternate weeks....... Luckily I can get most of my cardboard in the blue bin;) ;)

Our local civic recycling centre (tip) have become so jobs worth it is unbelievable, you either have to prove that you have pre-sorted it or tip it out on a table for them to go through.. the first time I went when it was like that I had a box full of old accessories which they obviously thought was trade waste,, I ended up taking it home and sticking it in my "grey" bin a few bits at a time.

Just a thought... who on here has a waste carriers license??? (is it worthy of a poll)?????

from what ive heard, you only need it if your carrying 'waste'. so if your taking it to be 'recycled', its not 'waste'

also, 'waste' is unwanted. if you say its wanted, you dont need a permit either

local tip here used to be alright. there is a sign warning of 10' height, and even though the van is higher and always hit the sign (ladder clamps), they still let me in

but now your allowed a boot full (back seats must be up), otherwise you need a permit. and no vans. so most rubbish either goes in a bin somewhere, or gets burnt (all wood, cardboard etc)

wat about a cheap garden shredder, then u have bedding for ur hampster :D

:coat

bob