Cat Licking The Wall

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the wife refused to give all the meds to the cat in one hit. Wanted to see how it reacted to the anti inflammatories first. Now complaining that all the cat does all day is follow her around whinging and EAT whereas before it would mainly sleep. It's still btw merrily going indoors though will occasionally go outside.

So.........I suggested we might give it the worming tablet! Makers instructions say half a tablet for her weight but the vet's printed label says one tablet. Just called in and their mistake, it's half a tablet and they apologised. BUT seemingly it wouldn't have done her any harm

I really try to avoid splitting cat wormers where possible. They tend to come coated and once you split or crush them they seem to taste horrid.

Most ones you get from the vet are very safe, so I usually just fire a whole one down.

A split tablet is also harder to swallow.

Either way won't harm pussy.

Gave it the worm tablet Weds morning missing out the anti inflamattory drops which we restarted this morning (the wife won't give it too many "drugs" at once. And so tonight's question is:

"Do worming tablets give cats diarrhoea? 

As in "as part of the clearing out process". Our one just "went" in the corner of the dining room on a HOT central heating pipe!  No pipe clips either, an old single 3/4" nom. bore system butt tight against the skirting! Luckily the missus takes care of that sort of thing.

I think the biggest problem here is you have your central heating on in September!?

Worming can upset the stomach, especially if they have a heavy worm burden. Do you know the name of the product? Some are more likely to cause problems than others.

Only worry if things do not settle down in a day or so (rarely Loxicom can irritate the gut)

I think the biggest problem here is you have your central heating on in September!?

Worming can upset the stomach, especially if they have a heavy worm burden. Do you know the name of the product? Some are more likely to cause problems than others.

Only worry if things do not settle down in a day or so (rarely Loxicom can irritate the gut)
The BIGGEST problem is I've just paid £1374 for 2220ltrs of oil!!! BIG old place badly insulated etc. Working through it slowly but proper money pit!

Cheers. Worming product is Milbemax. Not given it the flea stuff yet TBH (Advocate) I suppose should do that pronto or the flea/worm cycle continues? Again, madam insisting on NOT giving it all at once (in case it dies and she won't know what did it). The wife having done the "clearing up" reckons there was nothing obvious in "it" worm wise but would she see it?

Last edited by a moderator:
There can be worms there and you not see them. Give it a few days before you apply the advocate as that also kills round-worms.

Milbemax is good and what we sell. I just give 1 tablet per adult cat - never had a problem!

Canoeboy said:
I just got a £300 rebate from my electricity meter reading / account - They didn't believe my reading so had to send a meter reader out :slap

Solar on the roof - LEDs fitted through out - Dump for the HW from excess PV (My meter is digital and doesnt run backwards ] :)  ) - Jobs a Good UN
JEALOUS! My place is the original money pit! Need a new roof before too long. Leccy bill today Apr to Sept this year just short of £400!

How's the pussy?
More active as in can now jump up on the sofa. Will happily sniff out any food left low by the kids. But as it's more active it means its awake more, meowing and eating just as much despite having it's worming tablets over a week ago. Wonder seriously if it's dementia.

As for the weeing & pooing still the same. Will come in back through the cat flap but won't go out. If you put it out in the garden it will "go" and then come back through both cat flaps. Ditto if we put it in it's dirt tray in the conservatory - will go and then come back through the one cat flap.

But still "going" in the corner of the dining room (have a damn great piece of lino there now with newspaper down) and still licking the wall.

I've proposed having it live in the conservatory but the wife reckons it'll be too cold and stressful. I was even going to make it a nice wooden bed, coffin shaped in fact (with a lid) so when the time comes etc..........

SHOOT ME IF I GET TO THAT STAGE!

:lol:

Deffo drinking more water. Also, if it can't get into the hall to have a go at licking the wall then it's taken a liking to an unglazed flower pot type thing my daughter made at school.

So guessing mineral or mental deficiency!

:lol:

Going to have to have the cat live in the conservatory now. Simply too dirty to have in the house. Taken to going in the corner of the dining room or if it can get into the downstairs loo then there. TBH is really is past it's sell by date. Still eating and drinking fine. Looks in good nick too just the messing is the problem.

Painkillers just make it more agile but won't go outside. Are there heat mats for pets available that we can put under  a bed / basket for it? Just hoping the thing goes before the ground is too hard to dig!

Went to buy this one on eBay from petnapltd in the link above but a message came up about their security cert or something being out of date. Have you used them or was it a random find?

Poxy thing is "going" anywhere now. Half a mind to make a Kevin McCloud style biogas digester/generator with it! 

Cheers.

Not used them, just found them. Sorry
Bought that heated bed in the link. Super quick service from the seller too. Seems to get to nice, not too hot temp and seems made well enough. Cat has been sleeping on it and just to one side if she gets too warm.

CE marked plug in trannie with the two halves of the casing screwed together with security screws - so many are just glued together. Will open it up and take a look inside.

Well, all joking aside a sad day today. The old lady would have been 23 in September! Deteriorated this morning quite quickly and appeared in pain hence a trip to the emergency vets. Now chasing mice in the sky.

Latest posts