CCTV system - asked last night but got lost :(

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are wanting a 4 chan dvr how about this one

ALIEN POD 4-CH REAL TIME + 750GB HDD all in one unit (dvr & screen)

oh i forgot you got banned from there aswell as TSI
Try and get your facts straight. I've been banned from neither, you've been banned from both on several occasions. You can say what you want about me, as long as you don't just make it up.

Its just cameras i am bothered about at the moment...DVR will be my next worry, but i may be picking on up of a mate.
Think I've got a couple of second hand DM's going cheap, and an unused DVR365 somewhere. If your mates giving them away though, I reckon he'll be better on price though!

Lurch and Badge please leave your bickering and bitchiness to other forums please.

This is a friendly forum, always has been, always will be!!!

I wouldn't use XP as a DVR, some flavour of Linux would be much improved, Ubuntu is pretty easy to get going and would be far more reliable, and a lot cheaper, as it's free.

For the software some of the cards come with it, some of which is a bit basic and by the time you've finished with the cost of a PC, XP licence and card you've spent as much as a cheap DVR and probably won;t see mcuh difference in performance for one reason or another.

If you've gone down the Linux route for the OS the take a look at Zoneminder. I've had a play with it a long time ago when it was still in development, once you've got a PC and card you're sorted with something respectable to record with for

Lurch and Badge please leave your bickering and bitchiness to other forums please.This is a friendly forum, always has been, always will be!!!
well said Admin 2 :^OB-)

bob