CE and ROHS marking mockery

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I was at a customers this morning I was asked if I'd have a look at an extractor fan that wasn't working..

Now this extractor fan is only 2 weeks old and only actually worked for 5 days but as my customer had fitted a domestic duty rated hood in a commercial premises (12 bed nursing home) the warranty is invalid...... The manufacturers did replace it the first time around from good will (this is the replacement)

I had a bit of a funny time trying to find the fault as the manufacturers internal wiring didn't help...

The ses lamp holders were wired with incorrect polarity too, however that was cancelled out by the supply being incorrect too.

The actual fault was an o/c motor..... I guess there's a thermal switch in there

DSC_0123.JPG

I thought it was well known that CE stands for Chinese Electrics.

actually it's China export...

CE_Marks_lrg.jpg.de54e2b6a184e394239593b2ed468de6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been an official statement given by the EU that they know of no official "China" or "Chinese" Export mark.

They have put the "dodgy" CE mark illustrated by his duckyness above as merely poor quality design & manufacture of what was supposed to be a real CE mark.