certification

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maffematics

Reaction score
Morning all

I have been approached by a local buliding company and asked to price installating temporary supplies to site cabins for them and was wondering if i need to certify my the work and if so what certification i would need to use.

many thanks

Matt

I would suggest that you treat it the same as any other installation. You will test your work before energising and handing over, so do an EIC.

All electrical work should be certified, its your only proof that what you did was left in a safe manner. I do know some members look at it as a bit of red tape, but in a society ready to take court action for any "accident" I like to think a certificate can help prove your work was to the required standard.

Morning allI have been approached by a local building company and asked to price installating temporary supplies to site cabins for them and was wondering if i need to certify my the work and if so what certification i would need to use.

many thanks

Matt
Erm???

forgive my thickness but doesn't ALL work require testing & certifying, (other than some minor repair like for like replacements).

IF you are connecting new cables that have never been energised before then they have got to be tested IMHO.

I think its Reg 631.1 that actual states this, (pg 163),

and the whole of chapter 63 gives guidance as to the appropriate certificate for a particular situation.

IF in any doubt a full EIC would cover most new or temp install situations.

If this is a construction site don't forget the special locations 'Section 704'

starts pg 181 "Construction And Demolition Site Installations".

Specifically relates to temporary installations. :)

Guinness

One thing perhaps I should have said in my post above is that this is a Code Of practice, this will carry more weight in a court of law then will a "normal" BS, e.g. BS7671:2008.

There is a specific legal heierarcy with regard to such things, with an ACoP being higher up the ladder again, Approved Code of Practice, which are more often than not published by HSE.