Circuit Removal

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tymark

Reaction score
I've been asked to remove a Shower feed circuit from a bathroom. there is no EIC or PIR certs available - do i need to leave any paperwork for the job ? Obviously I'll recommend a PIR as they have recently bought the property just wondering if there was any paperwork needed for the removal of a circuit - its not something i've been asked to do before.

Thanks for any Help :)

As far as i know you dont have supply cert as not adding new circuit just removing old cable

Just do it , sometimes I think we get obsessed with all this male-cow-manure about paperwork , its hard enough trying to earn a living as it is without writing a book about it when you get home.

Deke

I agree with all the above. Just take it out no certs needed.

One safety point if the mcb is unused I would remove it and install a blank in its place.

Prevents the owner from adding some flex for a light through a 40amp mcb.

It can be tricky doing an R1+R2 or Ins Res or Zs on a cable thats not there...

and as for writing the details of a circuit breaker that no longer exists..

As said NO need for certs on a removal.. but as GH said MUST be done safely to avoid accidental re-energising of a redundant circuit.

thats what i thought - if there had been an EIC or PIR i would have put a line through the circuit number and added "circuit removed on <date>" or words to that effect. i've put a blank in, removed the mcb (you never know when they will come in handy !) and put a plain label over the shower one. just wanted to check with everyones opinion as strictly speaking its work in a bathroom which is notifiable, but how can you notify if you can't supply certs ?