city & guilds 2330 / NVQ level 3?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No the c&g 2330 level 3 is a technical certificate which proves theoretical knowledge and the nvq3 is a site based portfolio showing practical work carried out with photos etc and site visits from assessors. Hth :)

I'm currently working free of charge for a 2 month period for my local authority and I have finished the 2330 level 2 and thinking what to do next. I could go for the 2330 level 3 in September and also do the 17th edition in jan or do the NVQ level 3 because the manager said he would prefer me to do that to become jib registered. I'm just looking into options and Wang to know which is the best road to go down. :)

2330 and nvq leave the 17th until after. Otherwise you will spend your life justifying why you don't have a nvq3 and why you don't need to be jib. Look at what jobs are asking for most will be the same.

The NVQ and 2330 are both NVQ level 3 qualifications as it the 17th - the only people that seem bothered about the NVQ are the JIB none of the schemes ask for it !

They are level three quals, but only one is a nvq level 3.

On the last knockings of our 2330, like within the last 3 months of the third year the college had a JIB guy come in trying to sell us on taking the C&G 2356 Level 3 NVQ at a "discount price" if you paid within a very short period of time (I think it was a grand for the year). I'd already got my EAL Part P (before the 2330) and 17th (during). The lecturers during that time (at two colleges) I don't thing had even mentioned the 2356. But suddenly, at the end of the 2330 someone comes along and they were like "If you're going to work on site, you really need this!". Bad form to my mind. I don't think out of 16 people anybody did take them up.

Had a similar thing way back when I did the EAL Part P - the college stated IN WRITING on the website that with the qualification you could self notify. At enrolment they even said "After you have this certificate you just pay like

On the last knockings of our 2330, like within the last 3 months of the third year the college had a JIB guy come in trying to sell us on taking the C&G 2356 Level 3 NVQ at a "discount price" if you paid within a very short period of time (I think it was a grand for the year). I'd already got my EAL Part P (before the 2330) and 17th (during). The lecturers during that time (at two colleges) I don't thing had even mentioned the 2356. But suddenly, at the end of the 2330 someone comes along and they were like "If you're going to work on site, you really need this!". Bad form to my mind. I don't think out of 16 people anybody did take them up.
That's Your colleges fault for not giving you the qualification. Which is why the 2356 has come about to stop this happening. When I went to college you done the lot of you got chucked out.

That's Your colleges fault for not giving you the qualification. Which is why the 2356 has come about to stop this happening. When I went to college you done the lot of you got chucked out.
Sorry, you've lost me there...........what "should" they have done?