Cod

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like I said get a life.....

Indeed steps..... hopefully you have a strong belief in Cod too
Rev you need to relax mate. Why would you assume I dont have a life? You know nothing about me.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offence intended. I just have little patience for people who will sit for hours in front of these games (I sound like an old fart and am turning into one) even less patience with young workers (esp apprentices) who cant give you their attention when you are talking because their eyes and thumbs are glued to their phone......

When I say get a life I mean do something real - maybe that involves other people instead of a virtual make believe world.

Just saying. No offence intended just how I see things

Nothing but a violence orientated game :(   was having a conversation about this yesterday with a customer as theyre 9 year old son plays it on the xbox360 she wasnt aware that it is a Pegi 18 Rated. but she was saying since playing it, he has been becoming increasingly more hyper and showing violent tendancies ( he went outside and kicked hell out of a snowman then said that if he had a gold shotgun like the one on Call of Duty he would shoot it out like the enemy :eek:   needless to say she is considering removing the game from him! but then his 15 year old brother lends him a copy of Halo 3 which iv heard is just as violent!

Well my son has played on the PC Pro scene playing Cod 4 for the last 3-4 years, he has travelled all over Europe all paid for by team sponsors, he has been given PC's, all types of hardware, enough to build high end gaming PC's, the prize money was a bonus and he came home most weekends with money in the bank. The on-line cups also produced good prizes and money. He has done well out of it, however the pro scene is now dwindling with regards to cod, the newer versions are not competitive enough and without dedicated private servers and being able to tweak the game to remove all the stuff for single player fun play, there's no money in it for teams or sponsors. In the pro scene it's all about team play, tactics and skill, it's not about hatred and anger. I met a lot if the players over the years and they were just normal lads trying to win stuff.

I should add he started playing Cod 2 at 15, then Cod 4 pro scene at 16, now retired from pro scene at 21.

Last edited by a moderator:
My son is 9 and he plays cod. Guess what he is normal. All gaming did for him s give him the passion to want to design and build new games.

As for me just staying in and playing. I am self employed and busy as I can be.

Oh yea I am a DJ on a radio station in Bristol too. Oh yea and I do that for free as its s community fm station. Been doing that for a few years now.

Personally I prefer everything either on account or paid upfront if no account. All that paying the delivery driver business seems quite old fashioned in my opinion.

;)

No offence intended. I just have little patience for people who will sit for hours in front of these games (I sound like an old fart and am turning into one) even less patience with young workers (esp apprentices) who cant give you their attention when you are talking because their eyes and thumbs are glued to their phone......

When I say get a life I mean do something real - maybe that involves other people instead of a virtual make believe world.

Just saying. No offence intended just how I see things
Rev, don't really agree with you on the whole COD thing, I play a little, usually on an odd work night for an hour.  The weekend is for 'real' stuff.  I have too many outdoor hobbies, I should really pick one concerntrate on it but I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, master of non with hobbies.

One mans boring is another mans entertaining.

Rev, don't really agree with you on the whole COD thing, I play a little, usually on an odd work night for an hour.  The weekend is for 'real' stuff.  I have too many outdoor hobbies, I should really pick one concerntrate on it but I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, master of non with hobbies.

One mans boring is another mans entertaining.
Id agree with that,

how many holidays to far flung foreign parts have I conceded so I can spend 3 weeks in the 'sunny' isle of man making a hole in the ozone layer!?

FFS, my missus goes to spain [Thailand last time actually] and I go bike racing,

horses for courses,

personally, I dont get all this online gaming stuff, but I can understand folks that do,

BTW, I do enjoy the odd half hour on the kids DS or the wifes Wii playing Mario or whatever, my reactions arent cut out to play all this modern jiggery pokery stuff,

I lost it at space invaders and pac-man,  :|

As there are clearly some saddos on here who like gaming (my 14 year old is one) this MIGHT be of interest. A mate on the car forum wants to get rid of his two MATCHING 19" monitors (and a smaller one) as he's upgraded. Here's his ad:

I have 2 matching Hanns -G NewYorker 19" Displays with cables £20 each

A 14" Relisys display with cables £10

All in good working order. Collection from Preston Lancashire.

Just think twin screens to really immerse yourself in the land of make believe! Don't forget you'll need to make sure your graphics card can handle two monitors.

PM me if interested and I'll give you Nick's details.

As there are clearly some saddos on here who like gaming (my 14 year old is one) this MIGHT be of interest. A mate on the car forum wants to get rid of his two MATCHING 19" monitors (and a smaller one) as he's upgraded. Here's his ad:

I have 2 matching Hanns -G NewYorker 19" Displays with cables £20 each

A 14" Relisys display with cables £10

All in good working order. Collection from Preston Lancashire.

Just think twin screens to really immerse yourself in the land of make believe! Don't forget you'll need to make sure your graphics card can handle two monitors.

PM me if interested and I'll give you Nick's details.

FFS,

I'll have one for messing about with my Pi, could get me a cheap TV for the kitchen,  :D

Latest posts