coiled mini trunking.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibspark

Electrician
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used coiled mini trunking?

is it any good? does it collapse when you try to put the lid on?

i never new it existed until today!!! Blushing Blushing Blushing Blushing

Have seen it before, But I have never used it.

it seems most wholsalers do it, it would be so handy to keep a roll in the van without taking up any room!

Has anyone ever used coiled mini trunking?is it any good? does it collapse when you try to put the lid on?

I used some several years back and yes it was SF stuff and I was impressed, you just fold the sides up and they clip firmly together and then the lid is as per normal. This stuff was selve adhesive but I put screws in (belt and baces). It was used to run a 10mm at my mates gym for a sunbed and it aint fell apart yet:^O

Has anyone ever used coiled mini trunking?is it any good? does it collapse when you try to put the lid on?

I think its the biggest dollop of doggie Pooh out! :_|

Hate the stuff!

First came across it around 12 or 15 years ago!!!

never liked it... still hate it...

avoid it like the plague! X(

If you have a roll several metres long.

and you want a couple of meters length...

Trying to measure & cut it to length you waste so much time & trunking:(

just quicker & easier with ridged stuff.

I have had some where the lid keeps trying to curl back off the sides as you try & clip it into place! :| :( :(

So for my jobs its a big NO NO! ;)

I think its the biggest dollop of doggie Pooh out! :_| Hate the stuff!

First came across it around 12 or 15 years ago!!!

never liked it... still hate it...

avoid it like the plague! X(

If you have a roll several metres long.

and you want a couple of meters length...

Trying to measure & cut it to length you waste so much time & trunking:(

just quicker & easier with ridged stuff.

I have had some where the lid keeps trying to curl back off the sides as you try & clip it into place! :| :( :(

So for my jobs its a big NO NO! ;)
As with everthing there is good stuff and bad, the stuff I used is in a box and you pull out the length you need and the lid is rolled seperate, the lid bangs on so tight that there is no way it would try and curl back.

I've only tried the SF stuff though, but for long runs its quick and easy and tidy as there are no joints easy to keep in the van.

Special what stuff did you use ?

As with everthing there is good stuff and bad, the stuff I used is in a box and you pull out the length you need and the lid is rolled seperate, the lid bangs on so tight that there is no way it would try and curl back.I've only tried the SF stuff though, but for long runs its quick and easy and tidy as there are no joints easy to keep in the van.

Special what stuff did you use ?
I honestly can't remember.....

first encounter was a long time ago.. before I started self employment

my old employer had the same sort of idea you suggest, "easy to keep on the van!"

all of us were supplied boxed roll's to keep on our kit? (lid was seperate as well!) but as I said it was poo-poo! :_|

none of us got on with it so it was dropped and we went back to the normal stuff:|

I did try some about 6-7 years back... as you say wanted a 5.5m run with NO joins... but that stuff had the lid with a mind of its own!!:OX( X(

perhaps this has tarnished my image of the stuff....

But I haven't re-tried it recently????

maybe it has got better? but I don't think I shall try any... unless its on FREE offer! :D :) :) ]:) ;)

We have used it too and also found that the lid tryes to curl back after time and the ends just never look right as they try to flatten out again

im in 2 minds now!

ive just bought 15M of ridgid stuff and hat to cut it all in half to get it in the van!

i might try and get some cheap!