coloured floods

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
I have a customer who is wanting to floodlight the front of his white bricked restraunt with a blue tint.No problem but he's wanting to use smart floods & the florry lamps...anybody know if blue lamps are available?

http://www.asdlighting.com/showproduct.asp?id=53&rangename=Smart%20Flood&catname=Exterior%20Range

might have to go down the route of blue gel covers on the standard lamps, the sort of thing they use in the theaters.
I had the same problem, the customer wanted red light using metal halide fittings.

I just got some coloured gel from ebay and it done the trick

i used to work in tv and theatre , if you use gel over time it can burn out, you can order Glass that does the same and it doesn;t burn out. but it is a little costly

Cheers chaps.

I have gone down the gel path, thought about coloured halide lamps but customer is set on the cfl lamps.

Well at least you've got the contract to replace the gels! LOL!

I'd of gone for metal halide coloured lamps but the 'customer knows best' after all......

Any chance of a pic on here of the fished item in action Please, M107? :)

I had the same problem, the customer wanted red light using metal halide fittings.I just got some coloured gel from ebay and it done the trick
Not a lady of the night by any chanceROTFWLROTFWL

go down the sodium route, that way you can get different colour lamps for them...

blue, green, pink, orange, white

or coloured glass.. have a look at a company called 'Rosco'.. if using gel use HT or it willl burn out very quickly.. which is not good...

Any chance of a pic on here of the fished item in action Please, M107? :)
Of course, if i remember i will take pics through the job.

Well all materials are ordered:

5x 42w floods

5x extension bars

2x 26w sign floods

1.5mm flexisheild cable (