Comedy Certificates

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cert was for a board change, although he did extra works to convert a room to a kitchen.

Ill have a look at the rest of the cert when im there next week.

of course they wont do anything. if they did, that would be admitting that their current system of checking people are competent isnt working and they have incompetent people doing work...
Sorry to say Andy but they do, we have been with the NIC as an approved contractor for 28 years and in this time we have been to jobs for various reasons to sort them out, our invoice has been settled by the NIC.

AFAIK this is a standard legal procedure for any contractor in any trade who has done some poor quality work...

They have to first be given the opportunity to go back and rectify the work at their own expense......

Any other course of action could leave the contractor in a strong position to say they have been victimised and not given the opportunity to put right this single mistake.. 

and it has had a detrimental impact on his/her ability to work and earn money to support themselves & family!

I think you will need multiple cases of significant impact to see anything serious done......

If you ever see some of those rouge trader type programs where they actually put a case up with trading standards..

very often even with "apparent multiple shoddy jobs" the trader gets off with a minor caution..

be a good boy, put your bits right and don't do it again!!!!

I think without their permission to include their trading name then the forum would be open to all sorts of legal claims....

basically we can't go slagging off his business without him having the right to reply and defend himself!
When is B&Q turning up to defend themselves.

and NICEIC

and Emma

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see someone defend this!

image%205_zpsizd3vcwc.jpg

There was no main earth either but he was only the second "contractor" to ignore this...

:(