Comedy Certificates

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_k

Reaction score
Post your comedy certificates here.

I was given this one today.

Its a dual rcd board. cir 1-7 on one and 8-12 on the other. I was on site to make changes to circuit 8. This is a ring in a kitchen that is 5m x 9m that has an r1 and rn of 0.09ohm.

Lets see how many more issues we can find.

Enjoy.
20150430_183910_zpsg7nk0gm5.jpg

Designation of board WYLEX!....priceless

Cct 10...... Guesswork

Split board with varying RCD results on one sdie

Operating current of RCD......24mA!......WTF

No Ze

No Ins Res.

Cct 1

I could go on but i cannot be arsed

To my mind this cert just shows what a farce the trade has. Become....

Ot was once A TRADE to be proud of, now it is a joke....and not a very funny one

8.15kA PFC....... thats high :eek:
Not if you look at the remainder of his guesses

Are those some 24ma & 21ma RCD ratings???
Yep

New ratings from AMD3.......ALL previously accepted values are being reduced on an ad hoc basis to randomly determined values

We have a new factor. Cc.............this is a fuction of the following

Length of course

Promised yearly earnings

Number of Forge Steel tools

Estimation of self worth

Self perceived knowledge factor

Coefficient of confidence

Why would you put the upstairs sockets and lights and the downstairs sockets and lights on the same RCD??

OP - please send a copy of this including the sparks details to the NICEIC - even if you do it anonymously, you will be doing the right thing

You could, but you'll be wasting your time and effort as they won't do anything about it......
Thats exactly what my assessor from last year said when I brought this kind of issue up.

What would be the legality of naming him on here? Im back on site on wed so can photo the rest of the cert then.

I think you may be incorrect in thinking that the NIC will not act upon any incompetence, with the recent deaths of people which highlighted the failure of completing certificates and testing correctly and them being NIC registered they are now showing some concern.

If you send that copy to them they will act on it, however how they act may not be to everyones liking.

They will ask him to go back and carry out the full test again, if the results and form filling are correct, then possible no further action but the complaint will be logged and possibly when his next assessment is due they will have this job down as a priority visit.

We have been called in after the contractor refused to go back, he cancelled his membership and ceased trading.

If you send that copy to them they will act on it, however how they act may not be to everyones liking.

They will ask him to go back and carry out the full test again, if the results and form filling are correct, then possible no further action but the complaint will be logged and possibly when his next assessment is due they will have this job down as a priority visit.
AFAIK this is a standard legal procedure for any contractor in any trade who has done some poor quality work...

They have to first be given the opportunity to go back and rectify the work at their own expense......

Any other course of action could leave the contractor in a strong position to say they have been victimised and not given the opportunity to put right this single mistake.. 

and it has had a detrimental impact on his/her ability to work and earn money to support themselves & family!

I think you will need multiple cases of significant impact to see anything serious done......

If you ever see some of those rouge trader type programs where they actually put a case up with trading standards..

very often even with "apparent multiple shoddy jobs" the trader gets off with a minor caution..

be a good boy, put your bits right and don't do it again!!!!

What would be the legality of naming him on here? Im back on site on wed so can photo the rest of the cert then.

I think without their permission to include their trading name then the forum would be open to all sorts of legal claims....

basically we can't go slagging off his business without him having the right to reply and defend himself!

[quote name="SPECIAL LOCATION" post="386023" timestamp="1430472348"

basically we can't go slagging off his business without him having the right to reply and defend himself!

How could he defend himself with that cert. What could his reasons be?

How could he defend himself with that cert. What could his reasons be?

Two possible lines of defence could be:-

1: some other electrician is trading using his name and details..  (there have been cases of people trading off the back of another legit company)

2: you have a personal vendetta against him and have made up the certificate to discredit his name & reputation to drive him out of business. 

Even though they are just hypothetical examples, both are legally plausible...

and could be used against another person posting defamatory remarks about a person or business who is not there to defend themselves!

Which is why the forum has to be very careful about what it allows to be published about others...

People guilty of loads of wrongdoings get off on technicalities of the law daily in our courts...

Its not about lack of competence or abilites..

Its about what each one of us can legally post in the public domain.

:C  .

AFAIK this is a standard legal procedure for any contractor in any trade who has done some poor quality work...

They have to first be given the opportunity to go back and rectify the work at their own expense......

Any other course of action could leave the contractor in a strong position to say they have been victimised and not given the opportunity to put right this single mistake.. 

and it has had a detrimental impact on his/her ability to work and earn money to support themselves & family!

I think you will need multiple cases of significant impact to see anything serious done......

If you ever see some of those rouge trader type programs where they actually put a case up with trading standards..

very often even with "apparent multiple shoddy jobs" the trader gets off with a minor caution..

be a good boy, put your bits right and don't do it again!!!!

I think without their permission to include their trading name then the forum would be open to all sorts of legal claims....

basically we can't go slagging off his business without him having the right to reply and defend himself!
SL I totally agree, but not many will volunteer to go back especially if they think they have done everything right.

The home owners have no idea if it's right or wrong and can only take what they have been told as being correct.

I think you may be incorrect in thinking that the NIC will not act upon any incompetence,
of course they wont do anything. if they did, that would be admitting that their current system of checking people are competent isnt working and they have incompetent people doing work...

Back to the OP - what does this "EIC" cover? Is there a CPS ID number?

At the end of the day, if we do nothing, things will NEVER change - if we send copies of these terrible certs to the relevent CPs then they may take notice...... sooner or later this crxp will end up on THEIR door step, not ours.

Latest posts